Are dragon-head companies heading agricultural development in China? The case of apple chains
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Reardon, Thomas & Barrett, Christopher B., 2000. "Agroindustrialization, globalization, and international development: An overview of issues, patterns, and determinants," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 195-205, September.
- Hongdong Guo & Robert W Jolly & Jianhua Zhu, 2007. "Contract Farming in China: Perspectives of Farm Households and Agribusiness Firms," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 49(2), pages 285-312, June.
- Thomas Reardon, 2015. "The hidden middle: the quiet revolution in the midstream of agrifood value chains in developing countries," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(1), pages 45-63.
- Ton, Giel & Vellema, Wytse & Desiere, Sam & Weituschat, Sophia & D'Haese, Marijke, 2018. "Contract farming for improving smallholder incomes: What can we learn from effectiveness studies?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 46-64.
- Miyata, Sachiko & Minot, Nicholas & Hu, Dinghuan, 2009.
"Impact of Contract Farming on Income: Linking Small Farmers, Packers, and Supermarkets in China,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 1781-1790, November.
- Miyata, Sachiko & Minot, Nicholas & Hu, Dinghuan, 2007. "Impact of contract farming on income: Linking small farmers, packers, and supermarket in China," IFPRI discussion papers 742, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- H. Holly Wang & Yanbing Wang & Michael S. Delgado, 2014. "The Transition to Modern Agriculture: Contract Farming in Developing Economies," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 96(5), pages 1257-1271.
- Johan F. M. Swinnen & Miet Maertens, 2007.
"Globalization, privatization, and vertical coordination in food value chains in developing and transition countries,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(s1), pages 89-102, December.
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Maertens, Miet, 2006. "Globalization, Privatization, and Vertical Coordination in Food Value Chains in Developing and Transition Countries," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25626, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Cook, Michael L. & Chaddad, Fabio R., 2000. "Agroindustrialization of the global agrifood economy: bridging development economics and agribusiness research," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 207-218, September.
- JIA, Xiangping & HUANG, Jikun & XU, Zhigang, 2012. "Marketing of farmer professional cooperatives in the wave of transformed agrofood market in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 665-674.
- Wang, Honglin & Dong, Xiaoxia & Rozelle, Scott & Huang, Jikun & Reardon, Thomas, 2009. "Producing and Procuring Horticultural Crops with Chinese Characteristics: The Case of Northern China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 1791-1801, November.
- Zhang, Xiaoyong & Qiu, Huanguang & Huang, Zhurong, 2009. "Linking Small Scale Farmers in China with the International Markets: A Case of Apple Export Chains," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 12(3), pages 1-22, September.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Crop Production/Industries; International Relations/Trade;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae18:276037. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.