Antitrust Economic Analysis in Food Marketing Channels
Antitrust laws, or alternatively competition laws, are now in place in over 100 nations. (UNCTAD, 2004, p. 12). Many countries have enacted such since 1990 with China’s coming on line in 1994 (Brumfield 2005) and formally codified as an antimonopoly law in 2007 (Blumenthal, et. al., 2007). Globally there has been considerable convergence in content and enforcement. This has been especially true over the past ten years. Virtually every country has antitrust statutes regarding monopoly, mergers, and cartels. The economics underpinning these laws are common across all countries. Enforcement procedures, however, vary with significant implications for antitrust economic analysis.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.iaae-agecon.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bourjade, Sylvain & Rey, Patrick & Seabright, Paul, 2009.
"Private Antitrust Enforcement in the Presence of Pre-Trial Bargaining,"
TSE Working Papers
09-041, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Bourjade, Sylvain & Rey, Patrick & Seabright, Paul, 2009. "Private Antitrust Enforcement in the Presence of Pre-Trial Bargaining," IDEI Working Papers 499, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Bourjade, Sylvain & Rey, Patrick & seabright, paul, 2009. "Private antitrust enforcement in the presence of pre-trial bargaining," MPRA Paper 34840, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ivaldi, Marc & Jullien, Bruno & Rey, Patrick & Seabright, Paul & Tirole, Jean, 2003. "The Economics of Unilateral Effects," IDEI Working Papers 222, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Cotterill, Ronald W & Haller, Lawrence E, 1992. "Barrier and Queue Effects: A Study of Leading U.S. Supermarket Chain Entry Patterns," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 427-40, December.
- Gary S. Becker & George J. Stigler, 1974. "Law Enforcement, Malfeasance, and Compensation of Enforcers," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Ivaldi, Marc & Jullien, Bruno & Rey, Patrick & Seabright, Paul & Tirole, Jean, 2003. "The Economics of Tacit Collusion," IDEI Working Papers 186, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae09:53201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.