Sector agrícola y política de competencia
Globalization has made it evident that the traditional separation between trade and competition policies is not only artificial but in overt contradiction with international economy. This paper discuses the relationship between the agricultural sector and competition policy in a free trade context. It is argued that it is convenient to apply competition policy to this sector, as it ensures the best possible conditions for enhancing technological change processes that are vital for agricultural development. It also argues that a rigorous competition policy is essential, to take into account the particular market structure characteristics of the agricultural related sectors.
Volume (Year): 8 (2006)
Issue (Month): 15 (July-December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1307
Fax: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1304
Web page: http://www.economiainstitucional.com
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- MacLaren, Donald & Josling, Timothy E., 1999. "Competition Policy And International Agricultural Trade," Working Papers 14585, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Krugman, Paul R., 1989.
"Industrial organization and international trade,"
Handbook of Industrial Organization,
in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 20, pages 1179-1223
- Ivaldi, Marc & Jullien, Bruno & Rey, Patrick & Seabright, Paul & Tirole, Jean, 2003. "The Economics of Tacit Collusion," IDEI Working Papers 186, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Dixit, Praveen M. & Josling, Timothy E., 1997. "State Trading In Agriculture: An Analytical Framework," Working Papers 14608, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Henderson, Dennis R. & Sheldon, Ian M. & Pick, Daniel H., 1996. "International Commerce In Processed Foods: Patterns And Curiosities," Working Papers 51211, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Ivaldi, Marc & Jullien, Bruno & Rey, Patrick & Seabright, Paul & Tirole, Jean, 2003. "The Economics of Unilateral Effects," IDEI Working Papers 222, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Juan B. Solana-Rosillo & Philip C. Abbott, 1998. "International Entry Mode Decisions by Agribusiness Firms: Distribution and Market Power," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1080-1086.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rei:ecoins:v:8:y:2006:i:15:p:227-249. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paola Rodríguez)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.