International wheat price volatility and the increasing export of Russia, Kazakhstan and Ukraine
Increasing price volatility of agricultural commodities over the last decade has focused a growing body of literature to identify the influencing factors of price variability. We analyze the effect of increasing wheat export from the Former Soviet Union (FSU) countries to the international wheat market and price volatility. The major wheat producer and exporter FSU countries, Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan have experienced increasing share on the international wheat market. An ordinary least square method is applied to estimate the influence of wheat export from Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan on the international wheat price volatility. We found evidence of positive relationship between international wheat price and the expanding net wheat export from FSU.
|Date of creation:||23 Feb 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.eaae.org|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lyubov A. Kurkalova & Alicia Carriquiry, 2002. "An Analysis of Grain Production Decline During the Early Transition in Ukraine: A Bayesian Inference," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1256-1263.
- Daniel A. Sumner, 2009. "Recent Commodity Price Movements in Historical Perspective," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1250-1256.
- Maurice J. Roche & Kieran McQuinn, 2003.
"Grain price volatility in a small open economy,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 30(1), pages 77-98, March.
- Roche, M.J. & McQuinn, K., 2002. "Grain Price Volatility in a Small Open Economy," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n1130202.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- James R. Jones & Shuang L. Li & Stephen Devadoss & Charlotte (Jensen) Fedane, 1996. "The Former Soviet Union and the World Wheat Economy," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 869-878.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaa123:122550. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.