The Impact Of Macrovariables On The Farm Sector: Some Further Evidence
Granger-causality tests and Sims' VAR techniques were used to analyze the impact of macrovariables on farm output and prices in the U.S. for the period 1934-1987. Granger-causality tests show one-way causality from the macrovariables to the farm sector variables, and this is supported by impulse response functions from a VAR model. Money and interest rate effects on agricultural prices and output are apparent in the data.
Volume (Year): 22 (1990)
Issue (Month): 01 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/jaae/jaae.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Rausser, Gordon C. & James, Chalfant A. & Love, H. Alan & Stamoulis, Kostas G., 1986.
"Macroeconomic linkages, taxes, and subsidies in the U.S. agricultural sector,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt1nj635tk, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Gordon C. Rausser & James A. Chalfant & H. Alan Love & Kostas G. Stamoulis, 1986. "Macroeconomic Linkages, Taxes, and Subsidies in the U.S. Agricultural Sector," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 68(2), pages 399-412.
- Rausser, Gordon C. & Chalfant, James A. & Love, H. Alan & Stamoulis, Kostas G., 1986. "Macroeconomic linkages, taxes, and subsidies in the U.S. agricultural sector," CUDARE Working Paper Series 393, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-72, June.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Just, Richard E., 1982. "An investigation of the effect of monetary factors on agriculture," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 235-247.
- Bordo, Michael David, 1980. "The Effects of Monetary Change on Relative Commodity Prices and the Role of Long-Term Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(6), pages 1088-1109, December.
- G. Edward Schuh, 1974. "The Exchange Rate and U. S. Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 56(1), pages 1-13.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:sojoae:29899. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.