Monetary Impacts On Prices In The Short And Long Run: Further Results For The United States
This study examines the long-run neutrality of money and the short-run dynamics of farm and nonfarm prices to the monetary shock, using Johansen'Â’s approach. Results find a long-run equality of prices, but not neutrality. In the short-run, farm prices adjust faster than nonfarm prices to a monetary shock.
Volume (Year): 18 (1993)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://waeaonline.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Granger, C. W. J., 1981. "Some properties of time series data and their use in econometric model specification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 121-130, May.
- Dennis Hoffman & Robert H. Rasche, 1989.
"Long-run Income and Interest Elasticities of Money Demand in the United States,"
NBER Working Papers
2949, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hoffman, Dennis L & Rasche, Robert H, 1991. "Long-Run Income and Interest Elasticities of Money Demand in the United States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 665-74, November.
- Mike Belongia & Richard A. King, 1983. "A Monetary Analysis of Food Price Determination," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 65(1), pages 131-135.
- Joseph H. Haslag & Daniel J. Slottje, 1989. "Macroeconomic policy and income inequality: an error-correction representation," Research Paper 8909, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Engle, Robert F. & Yoo, Byung Sam, 1987. "Forecasting and testing in co-integrated systems," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 143-159, May.
- Kloek, Tuen & van Dijk, Herman K, 1978. "Bayesian Estimates of Equation System Parameters: An Application of Integration by Monte Carlo," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Rausser, Gordon C., 1985.
"Macroeconomics and U.S. agricultural policy,"
CUDARE Working Paper Series
385, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Rausser, Gordon C., 1985. "Macroeconomics and U.S. agricultural policy," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt9411m70q, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Orden, David, 2003. "U. S. agricultural policy," TMD discussion papers 109, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:cdl:agrebk:1127542 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kunst, Robert & Neusser, Klaus, 1990. "Cointegration in a Macroeconomic System," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(4), pages 351-65, Oct.-Dec..
- Orden, David, 1986. "Agriculture, trade, and macroeconomics: The U.S. case," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 27-51.
- David A. Dickey & Dennis W. Jansen & Daniel L. Thornton, 1991. "A primer on cointegration with an application to money and income," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 58-78.
- Bordo, Michael David, 1980. "The Effects of Monetary Change on Relative Commodity Prices and the Role of Long-Term Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(6), pages 1088-1109, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:30957. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.