The Empirical Impact Of Bovine Somatotropin On A Group Of New York Dairy Farms
Data from a panel of New York Dairy farms were used to estimate rbST adoption functions, and to measure the impact of rbST on milk output and profitability per cow. Adoption results are consistent with previous rbST adoption studies. Farm size, productivity and education of the principal operator are the most important explanatory variables influencing adoption. The use of rbST was found to significantly increase milk output per cow net of other explanatory variables, correcting for self-selection with respect to rbST use. The impact on profits, was, however, not statistically different from zero at any conventional statistical significance level.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Warren Hall, Ithaca NY 14853|
Web page: http://aem.cornell.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kinnucan, Henry W. & Hatch, L. Upton & Molnar, Joseph J. & Venkateswaran, Meenakshi, 1990.
"Scale Neutrality Of Bovine Somatotropin: Ex Ante Evidence From The Southeast,"
Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(02), December.
- Kinnucan, Henry & Hatch, Upton & Molnar, Joseph J. & Venkateswaran, Meenakshi, 1990. "Scale Neutrality of Bovine Somatotropin: Ex Ante Evidence from the Southeast," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(02), pages 1-12, December.
- Zdenko Stefanides & Loren W. Tauer, 1999. "The Empirical Impact of Bovine Somatotropin on a Group of New York Dairy Farms," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 95-102.
- Stefanides, Zdenko & Tauer, Loren W., 1998. "The Empirical Impact Of Bovine Somatotropin On A Group Of New York Dairy Farms," Working Papers 7263, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Stefanides, Zdenko & Tauer, Loren W., 1998. "The Empirical Impact Of Bovine Somatotropin On A Group Of New York Dairy Farms," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20888, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Tauer, Loren W. & Kaiser, Harry M., 1988. "Negative Milk Supply Response Under Constrained Profit Maximizing Behavior," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 17(2), October.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1985. "Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 255-298, January. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)