Benefit-costs analysis of climate-related agricultural investments in Africa: a case study
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thornton, Philip K. & Jones, Peter G. & Owiyo, Tom & Kruska, Russell L. & Herrero, Mario & Orindi, Victor & Bhadwal, Suruchi & Kristjanson, Patricia & Notenbaert, An & Bekele, Nigat & Omolo, Abisalom, 2008. "Climate change and poverty in Africa: Mapping hotspots of vulnerability," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 2(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Kostas Stamoulis & Alberto Zezza, 2003.
"A Conceptual Framework for National Agricultural, Rural Development, and Food Security Strategies and Policies,"
03-17, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Stamoulis, Kostas & Zezza, Alberto, 2003. "A conceptual framework for national agricultural, rural development, and food security strategies and policies," ESA Working Papers 289082, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Agricultural Development Economics Division (ESA).
- Halsnaes, K. & Mackenzie, G. A. & Swisher, J. N. & Villavicencio, A., 1994. "Comparable assessment of national GHG abatement costs," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(11), pages 925-934, November.
- Nomathemba Mhlanga & Garrick Blalock & Ralph Christy, 2010. "Understanding foreign direct investment in the southern African development community: an analysis based on project‐level data," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(3‐4), pages 337-347, May.
- Omilola, B., 2010. "Monitoring and assessing targets of the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP) and the first Millennium Development Goal (MDG) in Africa," IWMI Working Papers H044226, International Water Management Institute.
- Olga Kiuila & Thomas F. Rutherford, 2011. "Approximation of Marginal Abatement Cost Curve," Working Papers 2011-12, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Ratha, Dilip & Mohapatra, Sanket & Plaza, Sonia, 2008. "Beyond aid : new sources and innovative mechanisms for financing development in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4609, The World Bank.
- Uwe A. Schneider & Pete Smith, 2008. "Greenhouse Gas Emission Mitigation and Emission Intensities in Agriculture," Working Papers FNU-164, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Jul 2008.
- MacLeod, Michael & Moran, Dominic & Eory, Vera & Rees, R.M. & Barnes, Andrew & Topp, Cairistiona F.E. & Ball, Bruce & Hoad, Steve & Wall, Eileen & McVittie, Alistair & Pajot, Guillaume & Matthews, Rob, 2010. "Developing greenhouse gas marginal abatement cost curves for agricultural emissions from crops and soils in the UK," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(4), pages 198-209, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lal, R., 2011. "Sequestering carbon in soils of agro-ecosystems," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(S1), pages 33-39.
- Kim, Daesoo & Stoddart, Nick & Rotz, C. Alan & Veltman, Karin & Chase, Larry & Cooper, Joyce & Ingraham, Pete & Izaurralde, R. César & Jones, Curtis D. & Gaillard, Richard & Aguirre-Villegas, Horacio , 2019. "Analysis of beneficial management practices to mitigate environmental impacts in dairy production systems around the Great Lakes," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 176(C).
- Isabel Teichmann, 2015. "An Economic Assessment of Soil Carbon Sequestration with Biochar in Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1476, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Essers, Dennis & Cassimon, Danny, 2012. "Washing away original sin: vulnerability to crisis and the role of local currency bonds in Sub-Saharan Africa," IOB Working Papers 2012.12, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- Nwachukwu, Ifeanyi Ndubuto, 2014. "Dynamics Of Agricultural Exports In Sub-Sahara Africa: An Empirical Study Of Rubber And Cocoa From Nigeria," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 2(3), pages 1-14, July.
- Hansen, Bjørn Gunnar, 2019. "CO2 – Emission, costs and capacity of different manure management practices- results from an advisory project," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 325-334.
- Francaviglia, Rosa & Coleman, Kevin & Whitmore, Andrew P. & Doro, Luca & Urracci, Giulia & Rubino, Mariateresa & Ledda, Luigi, 2012. "Changes in soil organic carbon and climate change – Application of the RothC model in agro-silvo-pastoral Mediterranean systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 48-54.
- Nagesh Kumar, 2008.
"South-South and Triangular Cooperation in Asia-Pacific : Towards a New Paradigm in Development Cooperation,"
Development Economics Working Papers
22112, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Nagesh Kumar, 2009. "South-South and Triangular Cooperation in Asia-Pacific: Towards a New Paradigm in Development Cooperation," MPDD Working Paper Series WP/09/05, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Zhen, Wei & Qin, Quande & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2017. "Spatio-temporal patterns of energy consumption-related GHG emissions in China's crop production systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 274-284.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Santos, Paulo, 2014. "The impact of changing rainfall variability on resource-dependent wealth dynamics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 48-54.
- Blandford, David & Hodge, Ian D., 2012. "Adapting Agri-Environment Schemes for Greenhouse Gas Mitigation – Observations from U.K. and U.S. Experience," 86th Annual Conference, April 16-18, 2012, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 135517, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Malin Tälle & Lotten Wiréhn & Daniel Ellström & Mattias Hjerpe & Maria Huge-Brodin & Per Jensen & Tom Lindström & Tina-Simone Neset & Uno Wennergren & Geneviève Metson, 2019. "Synergies and Trade-Offs for Sustainable Food Production in Sweden: An Integrated Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(3), pages 1-22, January.
- Jin, Shaosheng & Guo, Haiyue & Delgado, Michael S. & Wang, H. Holly, 2017.
"Benefit or damage? The productivity effects of FDI in the Chinese food industry,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 1-9.
- Jin, Shaosheng & Guo, Haiyue & Delgado, Michael & Wang, H., 2015. "Benefit or Damage? The Productivity Effects of FDI in Chinese Food Industry," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211813, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Minihan, Erin S. & Wu, Ziping, 2011. "The Potential Economic and Environmental Costs of GHG Mitigation Measures for Cattle Sectors in Northern Ireland," 85th Annual Conference, April 18-20, 2011, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 108779, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Blandford, David & Gaasland, Ivar & Vardal, Erling, 2016. "Now that the party’s over: achieving GHG emission reduction commitments in Norwegian agriculture," 90th Annual Conference, April 4-6, 2016, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 236330, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Novikova, Anastasija & Rocchi, Lucia & Vitunskienė, Vlada, 2017. "Assessing the benefit of the agroecosystem services: Lithuanian preferences using a latent class approach," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 277-286.
- Arenas-Calle, Laura N. & Ramirez-Villegas, Julian & Whitfield, Stephen & Challinor, Andrew J., 2021. "Design of a Soil-based Climate-Smartness Index (SCSI) using the trend and variability of yields and soil organic carbon," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 190(C).
- Oliver Lazarus & Sonali McDermid & Jennifer Jacquet, 2021. "The climate responsibilities of industrial meat and dairy producers," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 165(1), pages 1-21, March.
- David Bryngelsson & Fredrik Hedenus & Daniel J. A. Johansson & Christian Azar & Stefan Wirsenius, 2017. "How Do Dietary Choices Influence the Energy-System Cost of Stabilizing the Climate?," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-13, February.
- Soy-Massoni, Emma & Langemeyer, Johannes & Varga, Diego & SÃ¡ez, Marc & PintÃ³, Josep, 2016. "The importance of ecosystem services in coastal agricultural landscapes: Case study from the Costa Brava, Catalonia," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 43-52.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics and Policy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-06-25 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2012-06-25 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2012-06-25 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aieacp:124109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aieaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aieaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.