Demand for carbon-neutral food – evidence from a Discrete Choice Experiment for milk and apple juice
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomassen, M.A. & van Calker, K.J. & Smits, M.C.J. & Iepema, G.L. & de Boer, I.J.M., 2008. "Life cycle assessment of conventional and organic milk production in the Netherlands," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 96(1-3), pages 95-107, March.
- Jayson L. Lusk & Jutta Roosen & John A. Fox, 2003.
"Demand for Beef from Cattle Administered Growth Hormones or Fed Genetically Modified Corn: A Comparison of Consumers in France, Germany, the United Kingdom, and the United States,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(1), pages 16-29.
- Lusk, Jayson L. & Roosen, Jutta & Fox, John A., 2001. "Demand For Beef From Cattle Administered Growth Hormones Or Fed Genetically Modified Corn: A Comparison Of Consumers In France, Germany, The United Kingdom, And The United States," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20684, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Hausman, Jerry & McFadden, Daniel, 1984.
"Specification Tests for the Multinomial Logit Model,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1219-1240, September.
- D. McFadden & J. Hausman, 1981. "Specification Tests for the Multinominal Logit Model," Working papers 292, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Isabell Goldberg & Jutta Roosen, 2007. "Scope insensitivity in health risk reduction studies: A comparison of choice experiments and the contingent valuation method for valuing safer food," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 123-144, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kitchel, Hannah & Boehm, Rebecca L. & Cash, Sean B., 2018. "Does Consumer Climate Change Knowledge and Risk Perception Influence Willingness to Pay for Climate Mitigation in Beverage Crop Production?," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274067, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Gianluigi Gallenti & Stefania Troiano & Francesco Marangon & Paolo Bogoni & Barbara Campisi & Marta Cosmina, 2019. "Environmentally sustainable versus aesthetic values motivating millennials’ preferences for wine purchasing: evidence from an experimental analysis in Italy," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 7(1), pages 1-16, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bond, Craig A. & Thilmany, Dawn D. & Bond, Jennifer Keeling, 2008. "What to Choose? The Value of Label Claims to Fresh Produce Consumers," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(3), pages 1-26.
- Giacomo Pallante & Adam Drucker, 2014. "Niche Markets for Agrobiodiversity Conservation: Preference and Scale Heterogeneity Effects on Nepalese Consumers’ WTP for Finger Millet Products," SEEDS Working Papers 1414, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised May 2014.
- Birol, Ekin & Karousakis, Katia & Koundouri, Phoebe, 2006. "Using a choice experiment to account for preference heterogeneity in wetland attributes: The case of Cheimaditida wetland in Greece," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 145-156, November.
- Devesh Roy & Ekin Birol & Katharina Deffner & Bhushana Karandikar, 2010.
"Developing Country Consumers’ Demand for Food Safety and Quality: Is Mumbai Ready for Certified and Organic Fruits?,"
Chapters, in: Jeff Bennett & Ekin Birol (ed.), Choice Experiments in Developing Countries, chapter 15,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Birol, Ekin & Roy, Devesh & Deffner, Katharina & Karandikar, Bhushana, 2009. "Developing country consumers’ demand for food safety and quality: Is Mumbai ready for certified and organic fruits?," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51689, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Phumsith Mahasuweerachai, 2013. "Do Parents Benefit from School Health Risk Reduction?," Applied Economics Journal, Kasetsart University, Faculty of Economics, Center for Applied Economic Research, vol. 20(2), pages 75-95, December.
- Sckokai, Paolo & Veneziani, Mario & Moro, Daniele & Castellari, Elena, 2014.
"Consumer willingness to pay for food safety: the case of mycotoxins in milk,"
Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-19, April.
- Sckokai, Paolo & Moro, Daniele & Cuomo, Enrica, 2010. "Consumers’ willingness to pay for food safety: the case of mycotoxins in milk," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116411, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Birol, Ekin & Karousakis, Katia & Koundouri, Phoebe, 2005.
"Using A Choice Experiment To Estimate The Non-Use Values Of Wetlands: The Case Of Cheimaditida Wetland In Greece,"
Environmental Economy and Policy Research Discussion Papers
31934, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economy.
- Ekin Birol & Katia Karousakis & Phoebe Koundouri, 2005. "Using a choice experiment to estimate the non-use values of wetlands: The case of Cheimaditida wetland in Greece," Environmental Economy and Policy Research Working Papers 08.2005, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, revised 2005.
- Rombach, Meike & Widmar, Nicole Olynk & Byrd, Elizabeth & Bitsch, Vera, 2018. "Do all roses smell equally sweet? Willingness to pay for flower attributes in specialized retail settings by German consumers," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 91-99.
- Hoyos Ramos, David, 2010. "Using discrete choice experiments for environmental valuation," BILTOKI 1134-8984, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
- Breustedt, Gunnar & Muller-Scheessel, Jorg & Latacz-Lohmann, Uwe, 2008. "Forecasting the Adoption of GM Oilseed Rape: Evidence from a Discrete Choice Experiment," 82nd Annual Conference, March 31 - April 2, 2008, Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, UK 36771, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Zhai, Guofang & Suzuki, Takeshi, 2008. "Public willingness to pay for environmental management, risk reduction and economic development: Evidence from Tianjin, China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 551-566, December.
- Birol, Ekin & Roy, Devesh & Torero, Maximo, 2010. "How safe is my food?: Assessing the effect of information and credible certification on consumer demand for food safety in developing countries," IFPRI discussion papers 1029, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Travisi, Chiara Maria & Nijkamp, Peter, 2008. "Valuing environmental and health risk in agriculture: A choice experiment approach to pesticides in Italy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 598-607, November.
- Glynn T. Tonsor & Ted C. Schroeder & Joost M. E. Pennings & James Mintert, 2009. "Consumer Valuations of Beef Steak Food Safety Enhancement in Canada, Japan, Mexico, and the United States," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 57(3), pages 395-416, September.
- Ward, Clement E. & Lusk, Jayson L. & Dutton, Jennifer M., 2008. "Implicit Value of Retail Beef Product Attributes," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(3), pages 1-18.
- Zhifeng Gao & Ted C. Schroeder, 2009.
"Consumer responses to new food quality information: are some consumers more sensitive than others?,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(3), pages 339-346, May.
- Gao, Zhifeng & Schroeder, Ted C., 2008. "Consumer Responses to New Food Quality Information: Are Some Consumers More Sensitive than Others," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6168, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Hans J. Baumgartner & Viktor Steiner, 2004.
"Enrolment into Higher Education and Changes in Repayment Obligations of Student Aid – Microeconometric Evidence for Germany,"
0410003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hans J. Baumgartner & Viktor Steiner, 2004. "Enrolment into Higher Education and Changes in Repayment Obligations of Student Aid: Microeconometric Evidence for Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 444, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Josep Marti, 2020. "Location decisions of heterogeneous European firms," Economics and Business Letters, Oviedo University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 265-269.
- Paul K. Huth & Todd L. Allee, 2002. "Domestic Political Accountability and the Escalation and Settlement of International Disputes," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 46(6), pages 754-790, December.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer/Household Economics; Environmental Economics and Policy; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-06-28 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-DCM-2014-06-28 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-ENE-2014-06-28 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2014-06-28 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-MKT-2014-06-28 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aesc14:169748. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aesukea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aesukea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.