Marine Reserves Switching under Uncertainty
This paper analyses a fisheries management strategy, marine reserves switching, in which a non-fishing area is created, removed, or rotated from one site to another according to economic criteria through time. Using a dynamic optimisation framework under uncertainty, with the different fish dispersal processes, the optimal switching strategy and density distributions of the biomass, harvest, and net profit are simulated and compared under different management scenarios. This study will provide a decision and modelling framework for the design of marine reserves to achieve desired management goals.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200|
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sanchirico, James N. & Wilen, James E., 2001. "A Bioeconomic Model of Marine Reserve Creation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 257-276, November.
- R. Quentin Grafton & Tom Kompas & Pham Van Ha, 2006.
"The Economic Payoffs from Marine Reserves: Resource Rents in a Stochastic Environment,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(259), pages 469-480, December.
- R. Quentin Grafton & Tom Kompas & Pham Van Ha, 2005. "The Economic Payoffs from Marine Reserves: Resource Rents in a Stochastic Environment," International and Development Economics Working Papers idec05-3, International and Development Economics.
- Pezzey, John C. V. & Roberts, Callum M. & Urdal, Bjorn T., 2000. "A simple bioeconomic model of a marine reserve," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 77-91, April.
- R. Grafton & Tom Kompas & Viktoria Schneider, 2005. "The Bioeconomics of Marine Reserves: A Selected Review with Policy Implications," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 161-178, 01.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aare08:6003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.