Capacity constraint and spatial competition in agricultural markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marten Graubner & Alfons Balmann & Richard J. Sexton, 2011. "Spatial Price Discrimination in Agricultural Product Procurement Markets: A Computational Economics Approach," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(4), pages 949-967.
- Mingxia Zhang & Richard J. Sexton, 2001. "FOB or Uniform Delivered Prices: Strategic Choice and Welfare Effects," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 197-221, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Graubner, Marten & Balmann, Alfons, 2012. "Spatial Pricing on Land Rental Markets," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 125349, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Blank, Steven C. & Saitone, Tina L. & Sexton, Richard J., 2016. "Calf and Yearling Prices in the Western United States: Spatial, Quality, and Temporal Factors in Satellite Video Auctions," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 41(3), pages 1-23.
- Marten Graubner, 2018. "Lost in space? The effect of direct payments on land rental prices," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 45(2), pages 143-171.
- Yanbing Wang & Michael S. Delgado & Juan Sesmero & Benjamin M. Gramig, 2020. "Market Structure and the Local Effects of Ethanol Expansion on Land Allocation: A Spatially Explicit Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 102(5), pages 1598-1622, October.
- Sesmero, Juan P. & Balagtas, Joseph V. & Pratt, Michelle, 2015. "The Economics of Spatial Competition for Corn Stover," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 40(3), pages 1-17, September.
- Sesmero, Juan & Balagtas, Joseph, 2016. "Spatial Competition and Welfare Ranking of Biofuel Policies," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 236101, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hueth, Brent & Taylor, Christopher W., 2013. "Spatial Competition in Agricultural Markets: A Discrete-Choice Approach," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150506, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Carriquiry, Miguel A. & Babcock, Bruce A., 2005.
"The Impact of Transportation Costs on Spatial Competition of Grain Buyers: An Iowa Case Study,"
Journal of the Transportation Research Forum, Transportation Research Forum, vol. 44(2), pages 1-16.
- Carriquiry, Miguel A. & Babcock, Bruce A., 2005. "Impact of Transportation Costs on Spatial Competition of Grain Buyers: An Iowa Case Study, The," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12508, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Carriquiry, Miguel & Babcock, Bruce A., 2005. "The Impact of Transportation Costs on Spatial Competition of Grain Buyers: An Iowa Case Study," ISU General Staff Papers 200501010800001567, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Feil, Jan-Henning & Mußhoff, Oliver, 2016. "Analysing investment and disinvestment decisions under uncertainty, firm heterogeneity and tradable output permits," DARE Discussion Papers 1602, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- repec:zbw:iamodp:109915 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tiziano Distefano & Guido Chiarotti & Francesco Laio & Luca Ridolfi, 2018. "Spatial distribution of the international food prices: unexpected randomness and heterogeneity," SEEDS Working Papers 0118, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Jan 2018.
- Rumankova, Lenka, 2012. "Examination of existence of the law of one price at Czech meat markets," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 4(1), pages 1-9, March.
- Ebata, Ayako & Pacheco, Pamela Alejandra & Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan von, 2015. "Distance to market and farm-gate prices of staple beans in rural Nicaragua," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211582, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fousekis, Panos, 2011. "Spatial Price Competition Between Cooperatives Under Hotelling – Smithies Conjectures," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 12(2).
- Jung, Jinho & Sesmero, Juan Pablo & Balagtas, Joseph V., 2017. "Market Power in Feedstock Procurement and Economic Effects of Corn Ethanol," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258544, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kumar, Ashutosh & Saha, Bibhas, 2008. "Spatial competition in a mixed duopoly with one partially nationalized firm," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 326-341, June.
- Jen-Te Yao, 2019. "The impact of transportation asymmetry on the choice of a spatial price policy," Asia-Pacific Journal of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 793-811, October.
- Li, Chao & Hayes, Dermot J. & Jacobs, Keri L., 2018.
"Biomass for bioenergy: Optimal collection mechanisms and pricing when feedstock supply does not equal availability,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 403-410.
- Li, Chao & Hayes, Dermot J. & Jacobs, Keri L., 2018. "Biomass for Bioenergy: Optimal Collection Mechanisms and Pricing when Feedstock Supply Does Not Equal Availability," ISU General Staff Papers 201810180700001650, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Vidyanand Choudhary, 2010. "Use of Pricing Schemes for Differentiating Information Goods," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 21(1), pages 78-92, March.
- Graubner, Marten, 2011. "The Spatial Agent-based Competition Model (SpAbCoM)," IAMO Discussion Papers 109915, Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
- Hanisch, Markus & Rommel, Jens & Mueller, Malte, 2012. "Variation In Farm Gate Milk Prices And The Cooperative Yardstick Revisited – Panel Evidence From The European Dairy Sectors," 52nd Annual Conference, Stuttgart, Germany, September 26-28, 2012 137138, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
More about this item
KeywordsAgribusiness; Industrial Organization;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2015-08-07 (Industrial Competition)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea15:205790. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.