Family Business Decision-Making: Factors and Influences on Choosing a Successor
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lange, Kelly Y. & Johnson, Jeffrey W. & Johnson, Phillip N. & Hudson, Darren & Belasco, Eric J., 2011. "Parental Motivation in Family Farm Intergenerational Transfers," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103231, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Mishra, Ashok K. & El-Osta, Hisham S. & Shaik, Saleem, 2010. "Succession Decisions in U.S. Family Farm Businesses," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 35(1), pages 1-20.
- Ayal Kimhi, 1995. "Differential Human Capital Investments and the Choice of Successor in Family Farms," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(3), pages 719-724.
- Mishra, Ashok & El-Osta, Hisham, 2007. "Factors Affecting Succession Decisions in Family Farm Businesses: Evidence from a National Survey," Journal of the ASFMRA, American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers, vol. 2007, pages 1-10.
- Remble, Amber A. & Keeney, Roman & Marshall, Maria I., 2010. "Multiple Generation Farm Households: What Determines Primacy in Management?," 2010 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2010, Orlando, Florida 56513, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manuela Larcher & Stefan Vogel, 2019. "Hofnachfolgesituation in Österreich 2018 - Deskriptive Ergebnisse einer Befragung von Betriebsleiter/innen," Working Papers 712019, Institute for Sustainable Economic Development, Department of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna.
- Chacattrai Rayasawath, 2018. "Factors Affecting the Household Succession in Agricultural Occupation in Nakhon Ratchasima Province, Thailand," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-14, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Góngora, R. & Milán, M.J. & López-i-Gelats, F., 2019. "Pathways of incorporation of young farmers into livestock farming," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 183-194.
- Markowski-Lindsay, Marla & Catanzaro, Paul & Bell, Kathleen & Kittredge, David & Leahy, Jessica & Butler, Brett & Markowitz, Ezra & Milman, Anita & Zimmerer, Rebekah & Allred, Shorna & Sisock, Mary, 2017. "Estate planning as a forest stewardship tool: A study of family land ownerships in the northeastern U.S," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 36-44.
- Kimhi, Ayal, 2015. "Is foreign farm labor a blessing or a curse? Evidence from Israel," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211852, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Zou, Baoling & Mishra, Ashok K. & Luo, Biliang, 2018. "Aging population, farm succession, and farmland usage: Evidence from rural China," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 437-445.
- Wojciech Sroka & Michał Dudek & Tomasz Wojewodzic & Karol Król, 2019. "Generational Changes in Agriculture: The Influence of Farm Characteristics and Socio-Economic Factors," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(12), pages 1-27, December.
- Wojciech Sroka & Bernd Pölling & Tomasz Wojewodzic & Miroslaw Strus & Paulina Stolarczyk & Olga Podlinska, 2019. "Determinants of Farmland Abandonment in Selected Metropolitan Areas of Poland: A Spatial Analysis on the Basis of Regression Trees and Interviews with Experts," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-23, May.
- Pessotto, Ana Paula & Costa, Carlos & Schwinghamer, Timothy & Colle, Gabriel & Corte, Vitor Francisco Dalla, 2019. "Factors influencing intergenerational succession in family farm businesses in Brazil," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C).
- Ayal Kimhi, 2004.
"Family Composition and Off-Farm Participation Decisions in Israeli Farm Households,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(2), pages 502-512.
- Kimhi, Ayal, 2001. "Family Composition And Off-Farm Participation Decisions In Israeli Farm Households," Discussion Papers 14976, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Morais, Manoela & Binotto, Erlaine & Borges, João Augusto Rossi, 2017. "Identifying beliefs underlying successors’ intention to take over the farm," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 48-58.
- Adhikari, Arun & Mishra, Ashok K. & Chintawar, Sachin, 2009. "Adoption of Technology and Its Impact on Profitability of Young and Beginning Farmers: A Quantile Regression Approach," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46830, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- May, Daniel & Arancibia, Sara & Behrendt, Karl & Adams, John, 2019. "Preventing young farmers from leaving the farm: Investigating the effectiveness of the young farmer payment using a behavioural approach," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 317-327.
- Pesquin, Claudio & Kimhi, Ayal & Kislev, Yoav, 1999.
"Old Age Security and Inter-Generational Transfer of Family Farms,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 26(1), pages 19-37, March.
- Pesquin, Claudio & Kimhi, Ayal & Kislev, Yoav, 1996. "Old Age Security and Intergenerational Transfer of Family Farms," Working Papers 232689, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Center for Agricultural Economic Research.
- Griffin, Bretford & Hartarska, Valentina & Nadolnyak, Denis, 2018. "Entry and Exit from Farming: Insights from 5 Rounds of Agricultural Census Data," 2018 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2018, Jacksonville, Florida 266616, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Kimhi, Ayal & Lopez, Ramon, 1995. "Retirement and Succession Considerations of Maryland Farmers: Preliminary Evidence from a Household Survey," Working Papers 197819, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Ayal Kimhi, 2003. "Family Composition and Off-Farm Participation Decisions in Israeli Farm Households," Labor and Demography 0307001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Denis Nadolnyak & Valentina Hartarska & Bretford Griffin, 2019. "The Impacts of Economic, Demographic, and Weather Factors on the Exit of Beginning Farmers in the United States," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(16), pages 1-17, August.
- Jennifer A. Ball, 2020. "Women farmers in developed countries: a literature review," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 37(1), pages 147-160, March.
- Harris, James Michael & Mishra, Ashok K. & Williams, Robert P., 2012. "The Impact Of Farm Succession Decisions On The Financial Performance Of The Farm," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124749, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ashok K. Mishra & J. Mathew Fannin & Hyunjeong Joo, 2014. "Off-Farm Work, Intensity of Government Payments, and Farm Exits: Evidence from a National Survey in the United States," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 62(2), pages 283-306, June.
- Ayal Kimhi & Noga Nachlieli, 2001.
"Intergenerational Succession on Israeli Family Farms,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 42-58, May.
- Kimhi, Ayal & Nachlieli, Noga, 1998. "Intergenerational Succession In Israeli Family Farms," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20811, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
KeywordsAgribusiness; Consumer/Household Economics; Farm Management;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea12:124272. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.