Determinants of Organic Dairy Farm Profitability: Some Evidence from the Northeast United States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gardebroek, Cornelis, 2002. "Farm-Specific Factors Affecting the Choice Between Conventional and Organic Dairy Farming," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24890, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- McBride, William D. & Greene, Catherine R., 2007. "A Comparison of Conventional and Organic Milk Production Systems in the U.S," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN 9680, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lien, Gudbrand D. & Flaten, Ola & Ebbesvik, Martha & Koesling, Matthias & Valle, Paul Steinar, 2003. "Risk and Risk Management in Organic and Conventional Dairy Farming: Empirical Results from Norway," 14th Congress, Perth, Western Australia, August 10-15, 2003 24382, International Farm Management Association.
- Tzouvelekas, Vangelis & Pantzios, Christos J. & Fotopoulos, Christos, 2001.
"Economic Efficiency In Organic Farming: Evidence From Cotton Farms In Viotia, Greece,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(01), April.
- Tzouvelekas, Vangelis & Pantzios, Christos J. & Fotopoulos, Christos, 2001. "Economic Efficiency in Organic Farming: Evidence from Cotton Farms in Viotia, Greece," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(01), pages 35-48, April.
- Johnson, James D. & El-Osta, Hisham S., 1998. "Determinants of Financial Performance of Commercial Dairy Farms," Technical Bulletins 33561, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Neely, Carrie E. & Escalante, Cesar L., 2006. "Determinants of the Organic Farmers' Demand for Hired Farm Labor," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21047, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
KeywordsOrganic dairy; Farm profitability; Performance determinants; Northeast US; Farm Management; Livestock Production/Industries;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-16 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea09:49934. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .