Joint Estimation of Risk Preferences and Technology: Flexible Utility of Futility?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sergio H. Lence, 2007. "Joint Estimation of Risk Preferences and Technology: Flexible Utility or Futility?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(3), pages 581-598.
- Lence, Sergio H., 2009. "Joint Estimation of Risk Preferences and Technology: Flexible Utility or Futility?," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13028, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sébastien Foudi, 2012. "Exploitation of soil biota ecosystem services in agriculture: a bioeconomic approach," Working Papers 2012-02, BC3.
- Moser, Stefan & Mußhoff, Oliver, 2015. "Comparing the use of risk-influencing production inputs and experimentally measured risk attitude: Do decisions of Indonesian small-scale rubber farmers match?," EFForTS Discussion Paper Series 14, University of Goettingen, Collaborative Research Centre 990 "EFForTS, Ecological and Socioeconomic Functions of Tropical Lowland Rainforest Transformation Systems (Sumatra, Indonesia)".
- Viaggi, Davide & Raggi, Meri & Gomez y Paloma, Sergio, 2011.
"Farm-household investment behaviour and the CAP decoupling: Methodological issues in assessing policy impacts,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 127-145, January.
- Pavel Ciaian & Maria Espinosa & Sergio Gomez y Paloma & Stephen Langrell & Kamel Louhichi & Thierry Vard & Thomas Heckelei & Paolo Sckokai & Alban Thomas, 2013. "Farm-household investment behaviour and the CAP decoupling: Methodological issues in assessing policy impacts," JRC Working Papers JRC79969, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Xavier Vollenweider & Salvatore Di Falco & Cathal O�Donoghue, 2011.
"Risk preferences and voluntary agrienvironmental schemes: does risk aversion explain the uptake of the Rural Environment Protection Scheme?,"
GRI Working Papers
48, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Vollenweider, Xavier & Di Falco, Salvatore & O'Donoghue, Cathal, 2011. "Risk Preferences and Voluntary Agri-environmental Schemes: Does Risk Aversion Explain the Uptake of the Rural Environment Protection Scheme?," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 115552, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Vollenweider, Xavier & Di Falco, Salvatore & O’Donoghue, Cathal, 2011. "Risk preferences and voluntary agri-environmental schemes: does risk aversion explain the uptake of the Rural Environment Protection Scheme?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 37585, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Carpentier, Alain & Gohin, Alexandre & Sckokai, Paolo & Thomas, Alban, 2015.
"Economic modelling of agricultural production: past advances and new challenges,"
Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement,
Editions NecPlus, vol. 96(01), pages 131-165, March.
- Alain Carpentier & Alexandre Gohin & Paolo Sckokai & Alban Thomas, 2015. "Economic modelling of agricultural production: past advances and new challenges," Post-Print hal-01209067, HAL.
- Wu, Feng & Guan, Zhengfei, 2014. "Efficient Estimation of Risk Attitude with Seminonparametric Risk Modeling," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170625, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Moro, Daniele & Sckokai, Paolo, 2013. "The impact of decoupled payments on farm choices: Conceptual and methodological challenges," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 28-38.
- Howard, Gregory E. & Roe, Brian E., 2011. "Comparing the Risk Attitudes of U.S. and German Farmers," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114528, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Alain Carpentier & Alexandre Gohin, 2015. "On the economic theory of crop rotations: value of the crop rotation effects and implications on acreage choice modeling," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 15-04, INRA UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Guan, Zhengfei & Wu, Feng, 2014. "Non-Optimal Behavior and Estimation of Risk Preferences," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170636, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Cao, Ruixuan & Carpentier, Alain & Gohin, Alexandre, 2011. "Measuring farmers’ risk aversion: the unknown properties of the value function," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114623, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Skevas, Theodoros & Stefanou, Spiro E. & Oude Lansink, Alfons, 2014. "Pesticide use, environmental spillovers and efficiency: A DEA risk-adjusted efficiency approach applied to Dutch arable farming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(2), pages 658-664.
- Awondo, Sebastain Nde & Fonsah, Esendugue Greg & Riley, David G., 2012. "Are Tomato-Spotted Wilt Virus Management Tactics Good Enough?," 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama 119790, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordsexpected utility; risk preferences; production analysis; risk attitudes.; Risk and Uncertainty; C13; D24; D81; Q12.;
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea07:9980. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .