Reexamining Rural Decline: How Changing Rural Classifications and Short Time Frames Affect Perceived Growth
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard W. Martin, 2004. "Spatial Mismatch and the Structure of American Metropolitan Areas, 1970-2000," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 467-488.
- Maddison, Angus, 1983. "A Comparison of Levels of GDP Per Capita in Developed and Developing Countries, 1700–1980," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(01), pages 27-41, March.
- Tzu-Ling Huang & Peter F. Orazem & Darin Wohlgemuth, 2002.
"Rural Population Growth, 1950–1990: The Roles of Human Capital, Industry Structure, and Government Policy,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(3), pages 615-627.
- Huang, T. & Orazem, Peter & Wohlgemuth, Darin, 2002. "Rural Population Growth, 1950-1990: The Roles of Human Capital, Industry Structure and Government Policy," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5061, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Stephan J. Goetz & Anil Rupasingha, 2002. "High-Tech Firm Clustering: Implications for Rural Areas," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1229-1236.
- Glenn Fuguitt & Tim Heaton & Daniel Lichter, 1988. "Monitoring the metropolitanization process," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 25(1), pages 115-128, February.
- George W. Hammond & Eric Thompson, 2004. "Employment Risk in U.S. Metropolitan and Nonmetropolitan Regions: the Influence of Industrial Specialization and Population Characteristics," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 517-542.
- Mitch Renkow, 2003. "Employment Growth, Worker Mobility, and Rural Economic Development," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(2), pages 503-513.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea05:19408. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .