Riding the Wave of Urban Growth in the Countryside: Spread, Backwash, or Stagnation?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark S. Henry & Bertrand Schmitt & Virginie Piguet, 2001. "Spatial Econometric Models for Simultaneous Systems: Application to Rural Community Growth in France," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 24(2), pages 171-193, April.
- Romana Khan & Peter F. Orazem & Daniel M. Otto, 2001.
"Deriving Empirical Definitions of Spatial Labor Markets: The Roles of Competing Versus Complementary Growth,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(4), pages 735-756.
- Khan, Romana & Orazem, Peter F. & Otto, Daniel M., 1998. "Deriving Empirical Definitions Of Spatial Labor Markets: The Roles Of Competing Versus Complementary Growth," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 21007, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Khan, Romana & Orazem, Peter & Otto, Daniel, 2001. "Deriving Empirical Definitions of Spatial Labor Markets: The Roles of Competing Versus Complementary Growth," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5205, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S., 2003. "The waxing and waning of regional economies: the chicken-egg question of jobs versus people," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 76-97, January.
- David W. Hughes & David W. Holland, 1994. "Core-Periphery Economic Linkage: A Measure of Spread and Possible Backwash Effects for the Washington Economy," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(3), pages 364-377.
- Mark D. Partridge, 2005. "Does Income Distribution Affect U.S. State Economic Growth?," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 363-394.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S., 2003. "Do We Know Economic Development When We See It?," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 33(1), pages 17-39.
- Kathleen M. Day, 1992. "Interprovincial Migration and Local Public Goods," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 123-144, February.
- Dwight W. Adamson & David E. Clark & Mark D. Partridge, 2004. "Do Urban Agglomeration Effects and Household Amenities have a Skill Bias?," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 201-224.
- Mark Drabenstott & Nancy Novack & Stephan Weiler, 2004. "New governance for a new rural economy : reinventing public and private institutions," Main Street Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Aug.
- Mario PolÃ¨se & Richard Shearmur, 2004. "Is Distance Really Dead? Comparing Industrial Location Patterns over Time in Canada," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 27(4), pages 431-457, October.
More about this item
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R14 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Land Use Patterns
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:83:y:2007:i:2:p:128-152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .