An Examination of Gender Wage Differences Among Graduates of the Agribusiness Department, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, California
Utilizing an original and extended data set containing information on annual wages, demographic and personal characteristics, we examine gender differences in the wages of the graduates of the agribusiness department. The regression analysis suggests that after controlling for the main characteristics that affect earnings, significant differences in wages of men and women still remain present. This study provides new empirical evidence on the gender wage gap in the labor market for the agricultural graduates.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn, 2000.
"Gender Differences in Pay,"
NBER Working Papers
7732, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- June O'Neill, 2003. "The Gender Gap in Wages, circa 2000," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 309-314, May.
- Lois Joy, 2003. "Salaries of recent male and female college graduates: Educational and labor market effects," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 56(4), pages 606-621, July.
- Lois Joy, 2003. "Salaries of Recent Male and Female College Graduates: Educational and Labor Market Effects," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 56(4), pages 606-621, July.
- Ronald Oaxaca, 1971.
"Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets,"
396, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Andrew P. Barkley & Cynthia K. Sylvius & Wendy A. Stock, 1999. "Agricultural Graduate Earnings: The Impacts of College, Career, and Gender," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(4), pages 785-800.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea04:20412. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.