Objective And Subjective Knowledge: Impacts On Consumer Demand For Genetically Modified Foods In The United States And The European Union
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Park, C Whan & Lessig, V Parker, 1981. " Familiarity and Its Impact on Consumer Decision Biases and Heuristics," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 223-230, September.
- Flynn, Leisa Reinecke & Goldsmith, Ronald E., 1999. "A Short, Reliable Measure of Subjective Knowledge," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 57-66, September.
- Alba, Joseph W & Hutchinson, J Wesley, 2000. " Knowledge Calibration: What Consumers Know and What They Think They Know," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 123-156, September.
- Brucks, Merrie, 1985. " The Effects of Product Class Knowledge on Information Search Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(1), pages 1-16, June.
- Nicholas Perdikis & William A. Kerr Shelburne & Jill E. Hobbs, 2001. "Reforming the WTO to Defuse Potential Trade Conflicts in Genetically Modified Goods," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 379-398, March.
- Park, C Whan & Mothersbaugh, David L & Feick, Lawrence, 1994. " Consumer Knowledge Assessment," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(1), pages 71-82, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martinez-Poveda, Africa & Molla-Bauza, Margarita Brugarolas & Martinez, Laura Martinez-Carrasco & Gomis, Francisco Jose Del Campo, 2005. "Effect of the Information on the Intention of GM Food Consumption," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24616, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Florence Kondylis & Valerie Mueller & S. Zhu, 2015. "Measuring agricultural knowledge and adoption," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 46(3), pages 449-462, May.
- Henseleit, Meike & Kubitzki, Sabine, 2009. "‘GMO-Free’ Labels – Enhancing Transparency or Deceiving Consumers?," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51029, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kim, Hyeyoung & House, Lisa A., 0. "Linking Consumer Health Perceptions to Consumption of Nonalcoholic Beverages," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association.
- Kondylis, Florence & Mueller, Valerie & Sheriff, Glenn & Zhu, Siyao, 2016. "Do Female Instructors Reduce Gender Bias in Diffusion of Sustainable Land Management Techniques? Experimental Evidence From Mozambique," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 436-449.
- Chern, Wen S. & Kaneko, Naoya, 2007. "Some Problems in Estimating Willingness to Pay with Contingent Valuation Surveys: Case for Consumer Acceptance of Genetically Modified Food," 2007 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2007, Mobile, Alabama 34852, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Simone Carr-Cornish & Lygia Romanach, 2014. "Differences in Public Perceptions of Geothermal Energy Technology in Australia," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(3), pages 1-21, March.
- Salazar-Ordóñez, M. & Rodríguez-Entrena, M. & Becerra-Alonso, D., 2014.
"Willingness to purchase Genetically Modified food: an analysis applying artificial Neural Networks,"
2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia
182940, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Salazar-Ordóñez, M. & Rodríguez-Entrena, M. & Becerra-Alonso, D., 2014. "Willingness to purchase Genetically Modified food: an analysis applying artificial Neural Networks," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182937, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kim, Hyeyoung & House, Lisa, 2013. "Comparing Perceptions of Biotechnology in Fresh versus Processed Foods: A Cross-Cultural Study," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149733, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Jin, Hyun Joung & Han, Dae Hee, 2014. "Interaction between message framing and consumers’ prior subjective knowledge regarding food safety issues," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 95-102.
- Rodríguez-Entrena, Macario & Salazar-Ordóñez, Melania & Sayadi, Samir, 2013. "Applying partial least squares to model genetically modified food purchase intentions in southern Spain consumers," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 44-53.
- Sarah Wheeler, 2009. "Exploring the influences on Australian agricultural professionals’ genetic engineering beliefs: an empirical analysis," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 422-439, August.
- Kaneko, Naoya & Chern, Wen S., 2006. "Identification of Consumer Segments and Its Implication on the Willingness-to-Pay Distribution: The Case of Demand for Non-Genetically Modified Vegetable Oil in the United States," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21194, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Costa-Font, Montserrat & Gil, José M. & Traill, W. Bruce, 2008. "Consumer acceptance, valuation of and attitudes towards genetically modified food: Review and implications for food policy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 99-111, April.
- Damien Rousselière & Samira Rousselière, 2010.
"On the impact of trust on consumer willingness to purchase GM food:Evidence from a European survey,"
Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement,
INRA Department of Economics, vol. 91(1), pages 5-26.
- Rousselière, D. & Rousselière, S., 2009. "On the impact of trust on consumer willingness to purchase GM food : evidence from a European survey," Working Papers 200901, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Kim, Hyeyoung & House, Lisa A., 2014. "Linking Consumer Health Perceptions to Consumption of Nonalcoholic Beverages," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 43(1), April.
- Marina Zapilko & Sandra Feigl & Klaus Menrad & Tobias Hirzinger, 2009. "Economic Consequences of GMO Traceability in the EU Food and Feed Industry," Journal of Socio-Economics in Agriculture (Until 2015: Yearbook of Socioeconomics in Agriculture), Swiss Society for Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology, vol. 2(1), pages 81-112.
- Xie, Jing & Hyeyoung, Kim & House, Lisa, 2013. "Valuing Information on GM Foods in the presence of Country-of-Origin Labels," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 4(3).
- Xie, Jing & Hyeyoung, Kim & House, Lisa, 2013. "Valuing Information on GM Foods in the Presence of Country-of-Origin Labels," 2013 International European Forum, February 18-22, 2013, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 164737, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Martinez-Poveda, Africa & Molla-Bauza, Margarita Brugarolas & del Campo Gomis, Francisco Jose & Martinez, Laura Martinez-Carrasco, 2009. "Consumer-perceived risk model for the introduction of genetically modified food in Spain," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 519-528, December.
More about this item
KeywordsResearch and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea04:20125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .