Reputation And State Commodity Promotion: The Case Of Washington Apples
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Maria Luz Loureiro & Jill J. McCluskey, 2000. "Assessing consumer response to protected geographical identification labeling," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 309-320.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Gao, Xiaoming & Patterson, Paul M., 1999.
"Advertising And Retail Promotion Of Washington Apples: A Structural Latent Variable Approach To Promotion Evaluation,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 31(01), April.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Gao, Xiaoming & Patterson, Paul M., 1998. "Advertising and Retail Promotion of Washington Apples: A Structural Latent Variable Approach to Promotion Evaluation," Working Papers 28547, Arizona State University, Morrison School of Agribusiness and Resource Management.
- Jarrell, Gregg & Peltzman, Sam, 1985.
"The Impact of Product Recalls on the Wealth of Sellers,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 512-536, June.
- Gregg A. Jarrell & Sam Peltzman, 1984. "The Impact of Product Recalls on the Wealth of Sellers," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 33, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1982.
"Predation, reputation, and entry deterrence,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 280-312, August.
- Paul Milgrom & John Roberts, 1980. "Predation, Reputation, and Entry Deterrence," Discussion Papers 427, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Paul Milgrom & John Roberts, 1997. "Predation, reputation , and entry deterrence," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1460, David K. Levine.
- Jean Tirole, 1996.
"A Theory of Collective Reputations (with applications to the persistence of corruption and to firm quality),"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 63(1), pages 1-22.
- Tirole, J., 1993. "A Theory of Collective Reputations with Applications to the Persistence of Corruption and to Firm Quality," Working papers 93-13, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Tirole, Jean, 1994. ""A Theory of Collective Reputations" with Applications to the Persistence of Corruption and to Firm Quality," IDEI Working Papers 38, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Carl Shapiro, 1983. "Premiums for High Quality Products as Returns to Reputations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(4), pages 659-679.
- Eric J. Wailes & Gail L. Cramer, 1997. "A Microeconometric Analysis of Consumer Taste Determination and Taste Change for Beef," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 573-582.
- Jill J. McCluskey & Gordon C. Rausser, 2001.
"Estimation of Perceived Risk and Its Effect on Property Values,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 77(1), pages 42-55.
- McCluskey, Jill & Rausser, Gordon C., 2000. "Estimation of perceived risk and its effect on property values," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt46x0r71b, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Leffler, Keith B, 1982. "Ambiguous Changes in Product Quality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 956-967, December.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Gao, X.M. & Patterson, Paul M., 1999. "Advertising and Retail Promotion of Washington Apples: A Structural Latent Variable Approach to Promotion Evaluation," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(01), pages 15-28, April.
- Kreps, David M. & Wilson, Robert, 1982. "Reputation and imperfect information," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 253-279, August.
- Spanos, Aris, 1984. "Liquidity as a Latent Variable-An Application of the MIMIC Model," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 46(2), pages 125-143, May.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M & Lott, John R, Jr, 1993. "The Reputational Penalty Firms Bear from Committing Criminal Fraud," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(2), pages 757-802, October.
- Watson, Mark W. & Engle, Robert F., 1983. "Alternative algorithms for the estimation of dynamic factor, mimic and varying coefficient regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 385-400, December.
- Caves, Richard E. & Greene, David P., 1996. "Brands' quality levels, prices, and advertising outlays: empirical evidence on signals and information costs," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 29-52.
- Paul M. Patterson & Timothy J. Richards, 2000. "Newspaper advertisement characteristics and consumer preferences for apples: A mimic model approach," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 159-177.
- Borenstein, Severin & Zimmerman, Martin B, 1988. "Market Incentives for Safe Commercial Airline Operation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 913-935, December.
- X. M. Gao & Timothy Richards & Albert Kagan, 1997. "A latent variable model of consumer taste determination and taste change for complex carbohydrates," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(12), pages 1643-1654.
- Gorton, Gary, 1996. "Reputation Formation in Early Bank Note Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(2), pages 346-397, April.
- Landon, Stuart & Smith, Constance, 1998. "Quality expectations, reputation, and price," MPRA Paper 9774, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pozo, Veronica F. & Saak, Alexander E. & Hanawa-Peterson, Hikaru, 2009. "Product Origin and Reputation for Quality: the Case of Organic Foods," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49503, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea01:20592. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .