Optimal Contracts for Research Agents
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Grochulski, Borys & Zhang, Yuzhe, 2011.
"Optimal risk sharing and borrowing constraints in a continuous-time model with limited commitment,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 146(6), pages 2356-2388.
- Grochulskiy, Borys & Zhang, Yuzhe, 2011. "Optimal risk sharing and borrowing constraints in a continuous-time model with limited commitment," MPRA Paper 36539, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dirk Bergemann & Ulrigh Hege, 2005.
"The Financing of Innovation: Learning and Stopping,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 36(4), pages 719-752, Winter.
- Bergemann, D. & Hege, U., 2001. "The Financing of Innovation : Learning and Stopping," Discussion Paper 2001-16, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bergemann, Dirk & Hege, Ulrich, 2001. "The Financing of Innovation: Learning and Stopping," CEPR Discussion Papers 2763, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ulrich Hege & D. Bergemann, 2012. "The Financing of Innovation: Learning and Stopping," Working Papers hal-00759793, HAL.
- Ulrich Hege & Dirk Bergemann, 2005. "The Financing of Innovation: Learning and Stopping," Post-Print hal-00459926, HAL.
- Dirk Bergemann & Ulrich Hege, 2001. "The Financing of Innovation: Learning and Stopping," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1292, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Dirk Bergemann & Ulrich Hege, 2001. "The Financing of Innovation: Learning and Stopping," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1292R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Oct 2004.
- Gustavo Manso, 2011. "Motivating Innovation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 66(5), pages 1823-1860, October.
- Lazear, Edward P & Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "Rank-Order Tournaments as Optimum Labor Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 841-864, October.
- Tom Lee & Louis L. Wilde, 1980. "Market Structure and Innovation: A Reformulation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 94(2), pages 429-436.
- Ittner, Christopher D. & Lambert, Richard A. & Larcker, David F., 2003. "The structure and performance consequences of equity grants to employees of new economy firms," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-3), pages 89-127, January.
- Bruno Biais & Thomas Mariotti & Jean-Charles Rochet & StÈphane Villeneuve, 2010.
"Large Risks, Limited Liability, and Dynamic Moral Hazard,"
Econometric Society, vol. 78(1), pages 73-118, January.
- Biais, Bruno & Mariotti, Thomas & Rochet, Jean-Charles & Villeneuve, Stéphane, 2007. "Large Risks, Limited Liability and Dynamic Moral Hazard," IDEI Working Papers 472, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Sep 2009.
- Bruno Biais & Thomas Mariotti & Jean-Charles Rochet & Stéphane Villeneuve, 2010. "Large risks, limited liability, and dynamic moral hazard," Post-Print halshs-00491470, HAL.
- Stephen E. Spear & Sanjay Srivastava, 1987. "On Repeated Moral Hazard with Discounting," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(4), pages 599-617.
- Jonathan Levin, 2003. "Relational Incentive Contracts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(3), pages 835-857, June.
- Yael V. Hochberg & Laura Lindsey, 2010. "Incentives, Targeting, and Firm Performance: An Analysis of Non-executive Stock Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(11), pages 4148-4186, November.
- Bengt Holmstrom, 1982. "Moral Hazard in Teams," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(2), pages 324-340, Autumn.
- Hopenhayn, Hugo A & Nicolini, Juan Pablo, 1997.
"Optimal Unemployment Insurance,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(2), pages 412-438, April.
- Hopenhayn, H. & Nicolini, P.J., 1996. "Optimal Unemployment Insurance," RCER Working Papers 421, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Lars Ljungqvist & Thomas Sargent, 1999. "Matlab code for Hopenhayn-Nicolini's optimal unemployment insurance model," QM&RBC Codes 18, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Reinganum, Jennifer F, 1984. "Practical Implications of Game Theoretic Models of R&D," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 61-66, May.
- Hugo A. Hopenhayn & Francesco Squintani, 2016. "Patent Rights and Innovation Disclosure," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 83(1), pages 199-230.
- Yuliy Sannikov, 2008. "A Continuous-Time Version of the Principal-Agent Problem," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 75(3), pages 957-984.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yaping Shan, 2017. "Incentives for Research Agents and Performance-vested Equity-based Compensation," School of Economics Working Papers 2017-15, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsDynamic Contract; Repeated Moral Hazard; Multiagent Incentive; R&D; Employee Compensation;
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- D86 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Economics of Contract Law
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-11-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2016-11-27 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-HRM-2016-11-27 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-INO-2016-11-27 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2016-11-27 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-LMA-2016-11-27 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-MIC-2016-11-27 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-PPM-2016-11-27 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:adl:wpaper:2016-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eran Binenbaum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decadau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.