A Factor Tariff, Domestic Supply, and Income
A factor tariff raises the cost of production and reduces output in a small open neoclassical economy. In the present model the tariff also raises the price of the import competing factor, increasing its quantity supplied. Factor substitution, factor shares, and the price elasticity of factor supply determine adjustments to a factor tariff. Under some conditions, the tariff raises income. The model relates to economic growth and macroeconomic theory with an imported factor of production.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 0326 Haley Center, Auburn University, AL 36849-5049|
Phone: (334) 844-4910
Fax: (334) 844-4615
Web page: http://cla.auburn.edu/economics/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ruffin, Roy J, 1969. "Tariffs, Intermediate Goods, and Domestic Protection," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(3), pages 261-269, June.
- Lloyd A. Metzler, 1949. "Tariffs, International Demand, and Domestic Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57, pages 345-345.
- Ferguson, D. G., 1978. "International capital mobility and comparative advantage : The two-country, two-factor case," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 373-396, August.
- Svensson, Lars E.O., 1984.
"Factor trade and goods trade,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 365-378, May.
- Lars E.O. Svensson, 1982. "Factor Trade and Goods Trade," NBER Working Papers 0999, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Panagariya, Arvind, 1992. "Input tariffs, duty drawbacks, and tariff reforms," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-2), pages 131-147, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:abn:wpaper:auwp2013-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hyeongwoo Kim)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.