Functional Demand Satiation and Industrial Dynamcis - The Emergence of the Global Value Chain for the U.S. Footwear Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rabellotti, Roberta, 1995. "Is there an "industrial district model"? Footwear districts in Italy and Mexico compared," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 29-41, January.
- Vermeir, Iris & Van Kenhove, Patrick & Hendrickx, Hendrik, 2002. "The influence of need for closure on consumer's choice behaviour," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 703-727, December.
- Ulrich Witt, 2002.
"How Evolutionary Is Schumpeter'S Theory Of Economic Development?,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 7-22.
- Ulrich Witt, "undated". "How Evolutionary is Schumpeter's Theory of Economic Development?," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2001-12, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Mark Bils & Peter J. Klenow, 2001. "The Acceleration of Variety Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 274-280, May.
- H. Schmitz & P. Knorringa, 2000. "Learning from Global Buyers," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 177-205.
- Kamien,Morton I. & Schwartz,Nancy L., 1982. "Market Structure and Innovation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521293853, March.
- Cohen, Wesley M. & Levin, Richard C., 1989. "Empirical studies of innovation and market structure," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 18, pages 1059-1107 Elsevier.
- E. M. Hoover, 1933. "The Location of the Shoe Industry in the United States," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(2), pages 254-276.
- Mulligan, William H., 1981. "Mechanization and Work in the American Shoe Industry: Lynn, Massachusetts, 1852–1883," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 41(01), pages 59-63, March.
- Gereffi, Gary, 1999. "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-70, June.
- Peterman, John L, 1975. "The Brown Shoe Case," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(1), pages 81-146, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- A. Frenzel Baudisch, 2006. "Continuous Market Growth Beyond Functional Satiation. Time-Series Analyses of U.S. Footwear Consumption, 1955-2002," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2006-03, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
More about this item
KeywordsIndustrial organization; Schumpeter hypothesis; Modular Value Chain; Consumer Behavior; Footwear Industry;
- B25 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Austrian; Stockholm School
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order and Integration
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L67 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Other Consumer Nondurables: Clothing, Textiles, Shoes, and Leather Goods; Household Goods; Sports Equipment
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-06-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2006-06-03 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-TID-2006-06-03 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aal:abbswp:06-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keld Laursen). General contact details of provider: http://www.druid.dk/ .