Wavelet Based Outlier Correction for Power Controlled Turning Point Detection in Surveillance Systems
Detection turning points in unimodel has various applications to time series which have cyclic periods. Related techniques are widely explored in the field of statistical surveillance, that is, on-line turning point detection procedures. This paper will first present a power controlled turning point detection method based on the theory of the likelihood ratio test in statistical surveillance. Next we show how outliers will influence the performance of this methodology. Due to the sensitivity of the surveillance system to outliers, we finally present a wavelet multiresolution (MRA) based outlier elimination approach, which can be combined with the on-line turning point detection process and will then alleviate the false alarm problem introduced by the outliers.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- E. Andersson & D. Bock & M. Frisen, 2006. "Some statistical aspects of methods for detection of turning points in business cycles," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(3), pages 257-278.
- E. Andersson, 2002. "Monitoring cyclical processes. A non-parametric approach," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(7), pages 973-990.
- Ling, Shiqing & Li, W.K., 2003. "Asymptotic Inference For Unit Root Processes With Garch(1,1) Errors," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(04), pages 541-564, August.
- David Bock & Eva Andersson & Marianne Frisén, 2005. "Statistical surveillance of cyclical processes with application to turns in business cycles," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(7), pages 465-490.
- Veiga, Helena & Grané, Aurea, 2009. "Wavelet-based detection of outliers in volatility models," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws090403, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aah:create:2011-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.