Wavelet Based Outlier Correction for Power Controlled Turning Point Detection in Surveillance Systems
Detection turning points in unimodel has various applications to time series which have cyclic periods. Related techniques are widely explored in the field of statistical surveillance, that is, on-line turning point detection procedures. This paper will first present a power controlled turning point detection method based on the theory of the likelihood ratio test in statistical surveillance. Next we show how outliers will influence the performance of this methodology. Due to the sensitivity of the surveillance system to outliers, we finally present a wavelet multiresolution (MRA) based outlier elimination approach, which can be combined with the on-line turning point detection process and will then alleviate the false alarm problem introduced by the outliers.
|Date of creation:||21 May 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, School of Economics and Management, Lund University, Box 7082, S-220 07 Lund,Sweden|
Phone: +46 +46 222 0000
Fax: +46 +46 2224613
Web page: http://www.nek.lu.se/en
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- E. Andersson, 2002. "Monitoring cyclical processes. A non-parametric approach," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(7), pages 973-990.
- Veiga, Helena & Grané, Aurea, 2009. "Wavelet-based detection of outliers in volatility models," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws090403, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Ling, Shiqing & Li, W.K., 2003. "Asymptotic Inference For Unit Root Processes With Garch(1,1) Errors," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(04), pages 541-564, August.
- E. Andersson & D. Bock & M. Frisen, 2006. "Some statistical aspects of methods for detection of turning points in business cycles," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(3), pages 257-278.
- David Bock & Eva Andersson & Marianne Frisén, 2005. "Statistical surveillance of cyclical processes with application to turns in business cycles," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(7), pages 465-490.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:lunewp:2012_012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Edgerton)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.