Parametric inference for discretely sampled stochastic differential equations
A review is given of parametric estimation methods for discretely sampled multivariate diffusion processes. The main focus is on estimating functions and asymptotic results. Maximum likelihood estimation is briefly considered, but the emphasis is on computationally less demanding martingale estimating functions. Particular attention is given to explicit estimating functions. Results on both fixed frequency and high frequency asymptotics are given. When choosing among the many estimators available, guidance is provided by simple criteria for high frequency efficiency and rate optimality that are presented in the framework of approximate martingale estimating functions.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia, 2002. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Discretely Sampled Diffusions: A Closed-form Approximation Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 223-262, January.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia & Per A. Mykland, 2002.
"The Effects of Random and Discrete Sampling When Estimating Continuous-Time Diffusions,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0276, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yacine Ait--Sahalia & Per A. Mykland, 2003. "The Effects of Random and Discrete Sampling when Estimating Continuous--Time Diffusions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(2), pages 483-549, March.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia, 2002. "Closed-Form Likelihood Expansions for Multivariate Diffusions," NBER Working Papers 8956, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chan, K C, et al, 1992.
" An Empirical Comparison of Alternative Models of the Short-Term Interest Rate,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(3), pages 1209-27, July.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate CKLS(1992) estimation of interest rate models," Statistical Software Components RTZ00035, Boston College Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aah:create:2008-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.