Preferential Taxation of E-Commerce: Imperfectly Competitive Retail Markets and Trade Costs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brander, James & Krugman, Paul, 1983.
"A 'reciprocal dumping' model of international trade,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(3-4), pages 313-321, November.
- James Brander & Paul Krugman, 1980. "A "Reciprocal Dumping" Model of International Trade," Working Papers 405, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- James A. Brander & Paul Krugman, 1983. "A 'Reciprocal Dumping' Model of International Trade," NBER Working Papers 1194, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Brander & Paul Krugman, 1982. "A 'Reciprocal Dumping' Model of International Trade," Working Papers 513, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Huizinga, Harry & Nielsen, Soren Bo, 2003.
"Withholding taxes or information exchange: the taxation of international interest flows,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 39-72, January.
- Harry Huizinga & Søren Bo Nielsen, "undated". "Withholding Taxes or Information Exchange: The Taxation of International Interest Flows," EPRU Working Paper Series 00-19, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Deaton, Angus, 1979. "Optimally uniform commodity taxes," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 357-361.
- Austan Goolsbee, 2000. "In a World Without Borders: The Impact of Taxes on Internet Commerce," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(2), pages 561-576.
- Donald Bruce & William Fox & Matthew Murray, 2003. "To Tax Or Not To Tax? The Case Of Electronic Commerce," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(1), pages 25-40, January.
- Bo Sandemann Rasmussen, 2004. "On the Possibility and Desirability of Taxing E-Commerce," Economics Working Papers 2004-8, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Andersen, Torben M. & Rasmussen, Bo Sandemann & Sorensen, Jan Rose, 1996. "Optimal fiscal policy in open economies with labour market distortions," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 103-117, December.
- Freund, Caroline L. & Weinhold, Diana, 2004. "The effect of the Internet on international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 171-189, January.
- Goolsbee, Austan & Zittrain, Jonathan, 1999. "Evaluating the Costs and Benefits of Taxing Internet Commerce," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 52(3), pages 413-428, September.
- Peter A. Diamond & J. A. Mirrlees, 1968. "Optimal Taxation and Public Production," Working papers 22, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Zodrow, George R, 2003. "Network Externalities and Indirect Tax Preferences for Electronic Commerce," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 10(1), pages 79-97, January.
- Goolsbee, Austan & Zittrain, Jonathan, 1999. "Evaluating the Costs and Benefits of Taxing Internet Commerce," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 52(n. 3), pages 413-28, September.
More about this item
KeywordsE-commerce; imperfect competition; pro-competitive gains; trade diversion; commodity taxation; physical goods; trade costs;
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2004-09-30 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2004-09-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2004-09-30 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-NET-2004-10-30 (Network Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2004-09-30 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aah:aarhec:2004-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.au.dk/afn/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.