The Moral Basis of Global Capitalism: Beyond the Eclectic Theory
In: The Multinational Enterprise Revisited
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Peter Buckley & Mark Casson, 2001. "The Moral Basis of Global Capitalism: Beyond the Eclectic Theory," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 303-327.
- Mark Casson, 2003. "The Moral Basis of Global Capitalism: Beyond the Eclectic Theory," Palgrave Macmillan Books, in: The Changing Global Context of International Business, chapter 2, pages 5-38, Palgrave Macmillan.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thaler, Richard H & Shefrin, H M, 1981. "An Economic Theory of Self-Control," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(2), pages 392-406, April.
- Becker, Gary S & Murphy, Kevin M, 1988.
"A Theory of Rational Addiction,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(4), pages 675-700, August.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1986. "A Theory of Rational Addiction," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 41, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Casson, Mark, 1991. "The Economics of Business Culture: Game Theory, Transaction Costs, and Economic Performance," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198283751.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Silvia Balia, 2007.
"Reporting expected longevity and smoking: evidence from the SHARE,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
07/10, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- S. Balia, 2007. "Reporting expected longevity and smoking: evidence from the SHARE," Working Paper CRENoS 200705, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Joaquin Gómez-Miñambres & Eric Schniter, 2017. "Emotions and Behavior Regulation in Decision Dilemmas," Games, MDPI, vol. 8(2), pages 1-25, May.
- Andrew Yuengert, 2006. "Model selection and multiple research goals: The case of rational addiction," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 77-96.
- Kirchgässner, Gebhard, 2012. "Sanfter Paternalismus, meritorische Güter, und der normative Individualismus," Economics Working Paper Series 1217, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Mezza, Alvaro & Buchinsky, Moshe, 2021. "Illegal drugs, education, and labor market outcomes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 223(2), pages 454-484.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0064 is not listed on IDEAS
- Timothy Hinks & Andreas Katsaros, 2012. "Smoking Ban and Life Satisfaction: Evidence from the UK," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 17(1), pages 27-48, March.
- Fernando S. Machado & Rajiv K. Sinha, 2007. "Smoking Cessation: A Model of Planned vs. Actual Behavior for Time-Inconsistent Consumers," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(6), pages 834-850, 11-12.
- Jeffrey E. Harris & Mariana Gerstenblüth & Patricia Triunfo, 2018. "Smokers’ Rational Lexicographic Preferences for Cigarette Package Warnings: A Discrete Choice Experiment with Eye Tracking," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0218, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Kchirid, Mustapha & Tarbalouti, Essaid & Elgraa, Mohamed, 2013. "Le comportement du musulman en matière de crédit à intérêt face à la contrainte religieuse [The behavior of the Muslim regarding credit with interest in front of the religious constraint]," MPRA Paper 56171, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sophie Massin, 2011.
"La notion d'addiction en économie : La théorie du choix rationnel à l'épreuve,"
Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 121(5), pages 713-750.
- Sophie Massin, 2008. "La notion d'addiction en économie : la théorie du choix rationnel à l'épreuve," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne r08054, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Sophie Massin, 2011. "La notion d'addiction en économie : la théorie du choix rationnel à l'épreuve," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00671266, HAL.
- Uhr, Charline & Meyer, Steffen & Hackethal, Andreas, 2021. "Smoking hot portfolios? Trading behavior, investment biases, and self-control failure," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 73-95.
- Pugno, Maurizio, 2008. "Economics and the self: A formalisation of self-determination theory," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1328-1346, August.
- Strulik, Holger & Werner, Katharina, 2021.
"Time-inconsistent health behavior and its impact on aging and longevity,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C).
- Strulik, Holger & Werner, Katharina, 2019. "Time-inconsistent health behavior and its impact on aging and longevity," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 381, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Timothy J. Richards & Paul M. Patterson & Abebayehu Tegene, 2007.
"Obesity And Nutrient Consumption: A Rational Addiction?,"
Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(3), pages 309-324, July.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Patterson, Paul M. & Tegene, Abebayehu, 2004. "Obesity and Nutrient Consumption: A Rational Addiction?," Working Papers 28539, Arizona State University, Morrison School of Agribusiness and Resource Management.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Patterson, Paul M. & Tegene, Abebayehu, 2004. "Obesity And Nutrient Consumption: A Rational Addiction?," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20079, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Keeler, Theodore E. & Marciniak, Martin & Hu, Teh-wei, 1999. "Rational addiction and smoking cessation: An empirical study," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 633-643.
- Michael Grossman & Sara Markowitz, 1999. "Alcohol Regulation and Violence on College Campuses," NBER Working Papers 7129, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- S. Balia, 2011. "Survival expectations, subjective health and smoking: evidence from European countries," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 11/30, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Caillaud, Bernard & Jullien, Bruno, 2000. "Modelling time-inconsistent preferences," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 1116-1124, May.
- Slade, Alexander N., 2012. "Health investment decisions in response to diabetes information in older Americans," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 502-520.
- Daniel Kahneman, 2003. "A Psychological Perspective on Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 162-168, May.
More about this item
KeywordsHuman Nature; High Nature; Neoclassical Economist; Capitalist System; Global Capitalism;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:palchp:978-0-230-25046-8_9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.