The Effects of Jurisdiction Types and Numbers on Local Public Finance
In: Fiscal Federalism: Quantitative Studies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Bergstrom, Theodore C & Goodman, Robert P, 1973. "Private Demands for Public Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(3), pages 280-296, June.
- Borcherding, Thomas E & Deacon, Robert T, 1972. "The Demand for the Services of Non-Federal Governments," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 891-901, December.
- Mullen, John K, 1980. "The Role of Income in Explaining State-Local Fiscal Decentralization," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 35(2), pages 300-308.
- Dolores Martin & Richard McKenzie, 1975. "Bureaucratic profits, migration costs, and the consolidation of local government," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 95-100, September.
- Epple, Dennis & Zelenitz, Allan, 1981. "The Implications of Competition among Jurisdictions: Does Tiebout Need Politics?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(6), pages 1197-1217, December.
- Thomas DiLorenzo, 1982. "Utility profits, fiscal illusion, and local public expenditures," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 243-252, January.
- Niskanen, William A, 1975. "Bureaucrats and Politicians," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 617-643, December.
- Mark Schneider, 1986. "Fragmentation and the growth of local government," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 255-263, January.
- Richard Wagner, 1976. "Revenue structure, fiscal illusion, and budgetary choice," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 45-61, March.
- Stephen Mehay, 1981. "The expenditure effects of municipal annexation," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 53-62, January.
- Richard McKenzie & Robert Staaf, 1978. "Revenue sharing and monopoly government," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 93-97, January.
- Epple, Dennis & Spatt, Chester, 1986. "State restrictions on local debt : Their role in preventing default," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 199-221, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Failde, Maria Alicia, 1996. "Rural and urban fiscal patterns," ISU General Staff Papers 1996010108000017633, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, "undated".
"The Role of Direct Democracy and Federalism in Local Power,"
IEW - Working Papers
209, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, 2004. "The Role of Direct Democracy and Federalism in Local Power," CREMA Working Paper Series 2004-25, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Agnese Sacchi & Simone Salotti, 2017.
"The influence of decentralized taxes and intergovernmental grants on local spending volatility,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(4), pages 507-522, April.
- Agnese Sacchi & Simone Salotti, 2014. "The influence of decentralized taxes and intergovernmental grants on local spending volatility," Working Papers. Collection A: Public economics, governance and decentralization 1405, Universidade de Vigo, GEN - Governance and Economics research Network.
- Frey, Bruno S. & Eichenberger, Reiner, 1996. "FOCJ: Competitive governments for Europe," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 315-327, September.
- Deepak Premkumar & Austin Quackenbush & Georgeanne Artz & Peter Orazem, 2013.
"If You Build it, Will They Come?: Fiscal Federalism, Local Provision of Public Tourist Amenities, and the Vision Iowa Fund,"
The Review of Regional Studies,
Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 43(2,3), pages 155-173, Winter.
- Quackenbush, Austin & Premkumar, Deepak & Artz, Georgeanne M. & Orazem, Peter, 2011. "If You Build It, Will They Come?: Fiscal Federalism, Local Provision of Public Tourist Amenities, and the Vision Iowa Fund," Staff General Research Papers Archive 34375, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Landon, Stuart, 1999. "Education costs and institutional structure," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 327-345, June.
- Paolo Liberati & Agnese Sacchi, 2013.
"Tax decentralization and local government size,"
Springer, vol. 157(1), pages 183-205, October.
- Paolo Liberati & Agnese Sacchi, 2010. "Tax Decentralisation and local Government size," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0123, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Fisher, Ronald C. & Wassmer, Robert W., 1998. "Economic Influences on the Structure of Local Government in U.S. Metropolitan Areas," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 444-471, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:7884. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .