State restrictions on local debt : Their role in preventing default
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barro, Robert J, 1974. "Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Burbidge, John B, 1983. "Government Debt in an Overlapping-Generations Model with Bequests and Gifts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 222-227, March.
- Barsky, Robert B & Mankiw, N Gregory & Zeldes, Stephen P, 1986. "Ricardian Consumers with Keynesian Propensities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 676-691, September.
- Feldstein, Martin & Liebman, Jeffrey B., 2002. "Social security," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 32, pages 2245-2324 Elsevier.
- Bernheim, B Douglas & Bagwell, Kyle, 1988. "Is Everything Neutral?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 308-338, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Borck, Rainald & Fossen, Frank M. & Freier, Ronny & Martin, Thorsten, 2015.
"Race to the debt trap? — Spatial econometric evidence on debt in German municipalities,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 20-37.
- Fossen, Frank M. & Freier, Ronny & Martin, Thorsten, 2014. "Race to the debt trap? Spatial econometric evidence on debt in German municipalities," Discussion Papers 2014/1, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Frank M. Fossen & Ronny Freier & Thorsten Martin, 2014. "Race to the Debt Trap?: Spatial Econometric Evidence on Debt in German Municipalities," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1358, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Martin, Thorsten & Fossen, Frank M. & Freier, Ronny, 2014. "Race to the debt trap? Spatial econometric evidence on debt in German municipalities," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100453, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Christofzik, Désirée I. & Kessing, Sebastian G., 2014. "Fiscal Supervision and the Soft Budget Constraint: Evidence from Germany," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100315, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- DÃ©sirÃ©e Christofzik & Sebastian Kessing, 2014. "Does Fiscal Oversight Matter?," CESifo Working Paper Series 5023, CESifo Group Munich.
- W. D. Gregori & L. Marattin, 2015. "Determinants of Fiscal Distress in Italian Municipalities," Working Papers wp1024, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Metcalf, Gilbert E., 1993. "Federal taxation and the supply of state debt," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, pages 269-285.
- Dennis Epple & Michael Riordan, 1987. "Cooperation and punishment under repeated majority voting," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 55(1), pages 41-73, September.
- Johann Bröthaler & Michael Getzner & Gottfried Haber, 2015. "Sustainability of local government debt: a case study of Austrian municipalities," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 42(3), pages 521-546, August.
- Patrick Bolton & Howard Rosenthal, 2002. "Political Intervention in Debt Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(5), pages 1103-1134, October.
- H. Spencer Banzhaf & Wallace E. Oates, 2012. "On Fiscal Illusion and Ricardian Equivalence in Local Public Finance," NBER Working Papers 18040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey Zax, 1988. "The Effects of Jurisdiction Types and Numbers on Local Public Finance," NBER Chapters,in: Fiscal Federalism: Quantitative Studies, pages 79-106 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:29:y:1986:i:2:p:199-221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.