Industrial Organization and Trade Liberalization: Evidence from Korea
In: Empirical Studies of Commercial Policy
The following sections are included:IntroductionTrade Policies, Industrial Structure, and Industrial Organization Policies in KoreaModeling Imperfectly Competitive Domestic MarketsSimulation ResultsConclusionsReferences
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Chapters with number
6718.||Handle:|| RePEc:nbr:nberch:6718||Contact details of provider:|| Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.|
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dixit, Avinash K, 1986. "Comparative Statics for Oligopoly," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 27(1), pages 107-22, February.
- Venables, Anthony J., 1985. "Trade and trade policy with imperfect competition: The case of identical products and free entry," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 1-19, August.
- Condon, Timothy & de Melo, Jaime, 1991.
"Industrial Organization Implications of QR Trade Regimes: Evidence and Welfare Costs,"
Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 139-53.
- T. Condon & J. de Melo, 2015. "Industrial Organization Implications of QR Trade Regimes: Evidence and Welfare Costs," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Modeling Developing Countries' Policies in General Equilibrium, chapter 19, pages 405-419 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Condon, Timothy & de Melo, Jaime, 1990. "Industrial organization implications of QR trade regimes : evidence and welfare costs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 487, The World Bank.
- Drusilla K. Brown & Robert M. Stern, 1989.
"U.S.-Canada Bilateral Tariff Elimination: The Role of Product Differentiation and Market Structure,"
in: Trade Policies for International Competitiveness, pages 217-254
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brown, D.K. & Stern, R.M., 1988. "U.S.-Canada Bilateral Tariff Elimination: The Role Of Product Differentiation And Market Structure," Working Papers 227, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- J. David Richardson & Robert S. Strauss & Michihiko Kunihiro & Edmund T. Pratt, Jr, 1988. "Trade Policy," NBER Chapters, in: International Economic Cooperation, pages 167-232 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shapiro, Carl, 1989. "Theories of oligopoly behavior," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 6, pages 329-414 Elsevier.
- Horstmann, Ignatius J. & Markusen, James R., 1986. "Up the average cost curve: Inefficient entry and the new protectionism," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3-4), pages 225-247, May.
- Richard G. Harris, 1989.
"The New Protectionism Revisited,"
758, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Joel Bergsman, 1974. "Commercial Policy, Allocative Efficiency, and "X-Efficiency"," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 88(3), pages 409-433.
- Smith, Alasdair & Venables, Anthony J, 1988.
"Completing the Internal Market in the European Community: Some Industry Simulations,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
233, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Smith, Alasdair & Venables, Anthony J., 1988. "Completing the internal market in the European Community : Some industry simulations," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1501-1525, September.
- Richard Harris, 1983.
"Applied General Equilibrium Analysis of Small Open Economies with Scale Economies and Imperfect Competition,"
524, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Harris, Richard, 1984. "Applied General Equilibrium Analysis of Small Open Economies with Scale Economies and Imperfect Competition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 1016-32, December.
- Don Gunasekera & Rod Tyers, 1989.
"Imperfect Competition and Returns to Scale in a Newly Industrialising Economy: A General Equilibrium Analysis of Korean Trade Policy,"
School of Economics Working Papers
1989-04, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Don, H. & Gunasekera, B. H. & Tyers, Rod, 1990. "Imperfect competition and returns to scale in a newly industrialising economy : A general equilibrium analysis of Korean trade policy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 223-247, November.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Rodrik, Dani, 1991.
"Pro-competitive effects of trade reform : Results from a CGE model of Cameroon,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1157-1184, July.
- Shantayanan Devarajan & Dani Rodrik, 1989. "Pro-Competitive Effects of Trade Reform: Results from a CGE Model of Cameroon," NBER Working Papers 3176, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Rodrik, Dani, 1989. "Trade Liberalization in Developing Countries: Do Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies Matter?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 283-87, May.
- Snape, Richard H, 1977. "Trade Policy in the Presence of Economies of Scale and Product Variety," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 53(144), pages 525-34, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:6718. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.