Meat and Dairy Processing Industry: Impact of Trade Policy Reforms on Performance, Competitiveness and Structure
Economic openness has been generally viewed as beneficial whether in terms of welfare or efficiency gains. While literature has incorporated that trade liberalization causes productivity growth, market structure has taken a prominent role in the analysis recently. This paper determines how it affects the adjustment responses of the firms. In particular, it establishes the market structure of the industry based on the firm’s behavior and describes the environment within which the industry operates. It also examines the performance, efficiency and competitiveness of the industry to determine the extent of the policy influence and structural factors.
|Date of creation:||1994|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: NEDA sa Makati Building, 106 Amorsolo St., Legaspi Village, Makati City,|
Web page: https://www.pids.gov.ph/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cabanilla, Liborio S., 1983. "Economic Incentives and Comparative Advantage in the Livestock Industry," Working Papers WP 1983-07, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Jaime de Melo & David Roland-Holst, 2015.
"Industrial Organization and Trade Liberalization: Evidence from Korea,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Modeling Developing Countries' Policies in General Equilibrium, chapter 18, pages 385-404
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Jaime de Melo & David Roland-Holst, 1991. "Industrial Organization and Trade Liberalization: Evidence from Korea," NBER Chapters,in: Empirical Studies of Commercial Policy, pages 287-310 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- de Melo, Jaime & Roland-Holst, David, 1990. "Industrial organization and trade liberalization : evidence from Korea," Policy Research Working Paper Series 518, The World Bank.
- de Melo, Jaime & Roland-Holst, David, 1990. "Industrial Organization and Trade Liberalization: Evidence from Korea," CEPR Discussion Papers 399, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Havrylyshyn, Oli, 1990. "Trade Policy and Productivity Gains in Developing Countries: A Survey of the Literature," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 5(1), pages 1-24, January. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:phd:rpseri:rps_1994-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.