Inequality and the Evolution of Institutions of Taxation: Evidence from the Economic History of the Americas
In: The Decline of Latin American Economies: Growth, Institutions, and Crises
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Best, Michael H., 1976. "Political power and tax revenues in Central America," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 49-82, March.
- Burgess, Robin & Stern, Nicholas, 1993. "Taxation and Development," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(2), pages 762-830, June.
- Shome, Parthasarathi, 1999. "Taxation in Latin America: structural trends and impact of administration," Sede de la CEPAL en Santiago (Estudios e Investigaciones) 34658, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Richard M. bird, 2003. "Taxation in Latin America: Reflections on Sustainability and the Balance between Equity and Efficiency," International Tax Program Papers 0306, International Tax Program, Institute for International Business, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
- Tanzi, Vito & Zee, Howell H., 2000.
"Tax Policy for Emerging Markets: Developing Countries,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 53(2), pages 299-322, June.
- Howell H Zee & Vito Tanzi, 2000. "Tax Policy for Emerging Markets; Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 00/35, International Monetary Fund.
- Alberto Alesina & Reza Baqir & William Easterly, 1999.
"Public Goods and Ethnic Divisions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1243-1284.
- Alberto Alesina & Reza Baqir & William Easterly, 1997. "Public Goods and Ethnic Divisions," NBER Working Papers 6009, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baqir, Reza & Easterly, William & Alesina, Alberto, 1999. "Public Goods and Ethnic Divisions," Scholarly Articles 4551797, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alesina, Alberto & Baqir, Reza & Easterly, William, 1999. "Public goods and ethnic divisions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2108, The World Bank.
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9780226194875 is not listed on IDEAS
- Keen, Michael & Ligthart, Jenny E., 2002.
"Coordinating tariff reduction and domestic tax reform,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 489-507, March.
- Michael Keen & Jenny E Ligthart, 1999. "Coordinating Tariff Reduction and Domestic Tax Reform," IMF Working Papers 99/93, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:idb:idbbks:412 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bertocchi, Graziella & Dimico, Arcangelo, 2014.
"Slavery, education, and inequality,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 197-209.
- Graziella Bertocchi & Arcangelo Dimico, 2010. "Slavery, Education, and Inequality," Department of Economics 0634, University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Graziella Bertocchi & Arcangelo Dimico, 2010. "Slavery, Education, and Inequality," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 051, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Bertocchi, Graziella & Dimico, Arcangelo, 2010. "Slavery, Education, and Inequality," CEPR Discussion Papers 8073, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Graziella Bertocchi & Arcangelo Dimico, 2010. "Slavery, Education, and Inequality," Working Paper series 26_10, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Bertocchi, Graziella & Dimico, Arcangelo, 2010. "Slavery, Education, and Inequality," IZA Discussion Papers 5329, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jorge Baldrich, 2010. "Taxing Our Neighbors? Why Some Sub-National Revenues Are So Small," Working Papers 100, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Mar 2010.
- Nunn, Nathan, 2014. "Historical Development," Handbook of Economic Growth,in: Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 7, pages 347-402 Elsevier.
- Bhattacharya, Sukanta & Saha, Sarani & Banerjee, Sarmila, 2016. "Income inequality and the quality of public services: A developing country perspective," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 1-17.
- Miguel Laborda Pemn, 2011. ""Hombres que entre las raíces": Plantation colonies, slave rebellions and land redistribution in Saint Domingue and Cuba at the late colonial period, c. 1750 c. 1860," Documentos de Trabajo de la Sociedad Española de Historia Agraria 1102, Sociedad Española de Historia Agraria.
- Crafts, Nicholas & O’Rourke, Kevin Hjortshøj, 2014. "Twentieth Century Growth*This research has received funding from the European Research Council under the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) / ERC grant agreement no. 249546.," Handbook of Economic Growth,in: Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 6, pages 263-346 Elsevier.
- Vollrath, Dietrich, 2013. "Inequality and school funding in the rural United States, 1890," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 267-284.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:10654. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.