Valuation of Travel Time Savings
In: A Handbook of Transport Economics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Truong, Truong P & Hensher, David A, 1985. "Measurement of Travel Time Values and Opportunity Cost from a Discrete-Choice Model," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(378), pages 438-451, June.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, April.
- Leon N. Moses & Harold F. Williamson & Jr., 1963. "Value of Time, Choice of Mode, and the Subsidy Issue in Urban Transportation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71, pages 247-247.
- Bhat, Chandra R., 1995. "A heteroscedastic extreme value model of intercity travel mode choice," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 471-483, December.
- Hensher, David A. & Puckett, Sean M. & Rose, John M., 2007. "Agency decision making in freight distribution chains: Establishing a parsimonious empirical framework from alternative behavioural structures," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 41(9), pages 924-949, November.
- de Donnea, F. X., 1972. "Consumer behaviour, transport mode choice and value of time: Some micro-economic models," Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 355-382, February.
- DeSerpa, A C, 1971. "A Theory of the Economics of Time," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 81(324), pages 828-846, December.
- Bates, John J, 1987. "Measuring Travel Time Values with a Discrete Choice Model: A Note," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(386), pages 493-498, June.
- David Hensher, 2006. "The Signs of the Times: Imposing a Globally Signed Condition on Willingness to Pay Distributions," Transportation, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 205-222, May.
- Evans, Alan W, 1972. "On the Theory of the Valuation and Allocation of Time," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 19(1), pages 1-17, February.
- DeSerpa, Allan C., 1973. "Microeconomic theory and the valuation of travel time: Some clarification," Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 401-410.
- Daniel McFadden & Kenneth Train, 2000. "Mixed MNL models for discrete response," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 447-470.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mackie, Peter & Worsley, Tom & Eliasson, Jonas, 2014. "Transport appraisal revisited," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 3-18.
- repec:eee:transa:v:101:y:2017:i:c:p:111-132 is not listed on IDEAS
- Small, Kenneth A., 2012. "Valuation of travel time," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 2-14.
- repec:eee:retrec:v:63:y:2017:i:c:p:5-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lindsey, Robin, 2012. "Road pricing and investment," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 49-63.
- Wardman, Mark & Batley, Richard & Laird, James & Mackie, Peter & Bates, John, 2015. "How should business travel time savings be valued?," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 200-214.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomics and Finance; Environment; Urban and Regional Studies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:elg:eechap:12679_7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Darrel McCalla). General contact details of provider: http://www.e-elgar.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.