The financial crisis and the changing dynamics of the yield curve
In: Threat of fiscal dominance?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bech, Morten L. & Lengwiler, Yvan, 2012. "The Financial Crisis and the Changing Dynamics of the Yield Curve," Working papers 2012/06, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lengwiler, Yvan & Lenz, Carlos, 2010. "Intelligible factors for the yield curve," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 157(2), pages 481-491, August.
- Jushan Bai & Pierre Perron, 1998.
"Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(1), pages 47-78, January.
- Perron, P. & Bai, J., 1995. "Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes," Cahiers de recherche 9552, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Perron, P. & Bai, J., 1995. "Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes," Cahiers de recherche 9552, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en Ã©conomie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Nelson, Charles R & Siegel, Andrew F, 1987. "Parsimonious Modeling of Yield Curves," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(4), pages 473-489, October.
- Jushan Bai & Pierre Perron, 2003.
"Computation and analysis of multiple structural change models,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 1-22.
- BAI, Jushan & PERRON, Pierre, 1998. "Computation and Analysis of Multiple Structural-Change Models," Cahiers de recherche 9807, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "MULTIPLEBREAKS: RATS procedure to perform multiple structural change analysis," Statistical Software Components RTS00138, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate examples of Bai-Perron procedure," Statistical Software Components RTZ00008, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "BAIPERRON: RATS procedure to perform Bai-Perron Test for Multiple Structural Changes," Statistical Software Components RTS00013, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Bruce M. Brown & Song Xi Chen, 1999. "Beta‐Bernstein Smoothing for Regression Curves with Compact Support," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 26(1), pages 47-59, March.
- Kristensen, Dennis, 2010.
"Nonparametric Filtering Of The Realized Spot Volatility: A Kernel-Based Approach,"
Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(1), pages 60-93, February.
- Dennis Kristensen, 2007. "Nonparametric Filtering of the Realised Spot Volatility: A Kernel-based Approach," CREATES Research Papers 2007-02, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Federico M. Bandi & Peter C. B. Phillips, 2003.
"Fully Nonparametric Estimation of Scalar Diffusion Models,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 241-283, January.
- Federico M. Bandi & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2001. "Fully Nonparametric Estimation of Scalar Diffusion Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1332, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Michael J. Fleming & Eli M. Remolona, 1999. "Price Formation and Liquidity in the U.S. Treasury Market: The Response to Public Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(5), pages 1901-1915, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Azamat Abdymomunov & Kyu Ho Kang & Ki Jeong Kim, 2014. "Forecasting the Term Structure of Government Bond Yields Using Credit Spreads and Structural Breaks," Working Papers 2014-19, Economic Research Institute, Bank of Korea.
- Abdymomunov, Azamat & Kang, Kyu Ho & Kim, Ki Jeong, 2016. "Can credit spreads help predict a yield curve?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 39-61.
- Choudhry, Taufiq, 2016. "Time-varying risk premium yield spread effect in term structure and global financial crisis: Evidence from Europe," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 303-311.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Frijns, Bart & Indriawan, Ivan & Otsubo, Yoichi & Tourani-Rad, Alireza, 2019. "The cost of trading during Federal Funds Rate announcements: Evidence from cross-listed stocks," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 176-187.
- Hattori, Takahiro, 2019. "J-liquidity measure: The term structure of the liquidity premium in Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 61-72.
- Imane El Ouadghiri, 2015. "Heterogeneity in Macroeconomic News Expectations: A disaggregate level analysis," EconomiX Working Papers 2015-17, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Guo, Feng & McCulloch, J.H., 2017. "Heterogeneous capital and misintermediation," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 16-41.
- Naoshi Tsuchida & Toshiaki Watanabe & Toshinao Yoshiba, 2016. "The Intraday Market Liquidity of Japanese Government Bond Futures," IMES Discussion Paper Series 16-E-07, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Huseyin Kaya & M. Ege Yazgan, 2011. "Has 'inflation targeting' increased the predictive power of term structure about future inflation: evidence from Turkish experience?," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(20), pages 1539-1547.
- Assaf, Ata, 2016. "MENA stock market volatility persistence: Evidence before and after the financial crisis of 2008," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 222-240.
- Bruno S. Frey & Daniel Waldenstrom, 2007.
"Using Financial Markets to Analyze History: The Case of the Second World War,"
CREMA Working Paper Series
2007-19, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Bruno S. Frey & Daniel Waldenstrï¿½m, 2007. "Using Financial Markets to Analyze History: The Case of the Second World War," IEW - Working Papers 335, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Ćorić, Bruno & Pugh, Geoff, 2013. "Foreign direct investment and output growth volatility: A worldwide analysis," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 260-271.
- Mariam Camarero & Juan Sapena & Cecilio Tamarit, 2020. "Modelling Time-Varying Parameters in Panel Data State-Space Frameworks: An Application to the Feldstein–Horioka Puzzle," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 56(1), pages 87-114, June.
- Kanaya, Shin & Kristensen, Dennis, 2016.
"Estimation Of Stochastic Volatility Models By Nonparametric Filtering,"
Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(4), pages 861-916, August.
- Shin Kanaya & Dennis Kristensen, 2010. "Estimation of Stochastic Volatility Models by Nonparametric Filtering," CREATES Research Papers 2010-67, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Shin Kanaya & Dennis Kristensen, 2015. "Estimation of stochastic volatility models by nonparametric filtering," CeMMAP working papers CWP09/15, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Bernard, Jean-Thomas & Idoudi, Nadhem & Khalaf, Lynda & Yelou, Clement, 2007. "Finite sample multivariate structural change tests with application to energy demand models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 1219-1244, December.
- Moya-Martínez, Pablo & Ferrer-Lapeña, Román & Escribano-Sotos, Francisco, 2014. "Oil price risk in the Spanish stock market: An industry perspective," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 280-290.
- Jennie Bai & Pierre Collin-Dufresne & Robert S. Goldstein & Jean Helwege, 2012. "On bounding credit event risk premia," Staff Reports 577, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Mylonidis, Nikolaos & Kollias, Christos, 2010. "Dynamic European stock market convergence: Evidence from rolling cointegration analysis in the first euro-decade," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 2056-2064, September.
- Selmi, Refk & Mensi, Walid & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Bouoiyour, Jamal, 2018.
"Is Bitcoin a hedge, a safe haven or a diversifier for oil price movements? A comparison with gold,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 787-801.
- Refk Selmi & Walid Mensi & Shawkat Hammoudeh & Jamal Bouoiyour, 2018. "Is Bitcoin a hedge, a safe haven or a diversifier for oil price movements? A comparison with gold," Post-Print hal-01879667, HAL.
- Kevin S. Nell & Maria M. De Mello, 2019.
"The interdependence between the saving rate and technology across regimes: evidence from South Africa,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 56(1), pages 269-300, January.
- Kevin S. Nell & Maria M. De Mello, 2017. "The Interdependence between the Saving Rate and Technology across Regimes: Evidence from South Africa," Working Papers 674, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Ngene, Geoffrey & Tah, Kenneth A. & Darrat, Ali F., 2017. "Long memory or structural breaks: Some evidence for African stock markets," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 61-73.
- Selim Raihan & Sabyasachi Kar & Kunal Sen, 2018. "Transitions between growth episodes: Do institutions matter and do some institutions matter more?," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series esid-099-18, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Chakravartti, Parma & Mundle, Sudipto, 2017. "An Automatic Leading Indicator Based Growth Forecast For 2016-17 and The Outlook Beyond," Working Papers 17/193, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
More about this item
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:bisbpc:65-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.