Robert A. Lawson
Cox School of Business Dallas, Texas (United States)
Southern Methodist University
PO Box 750333 Dallas, TX 75275
RePEc:edi:sbsmuus (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Articles
- Joshua C. Hall & Robert A. Lawson, 2014. "Economic Freedom Of The World: An Accounting Of The Literature," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Robert Lawson & Todd Nesbit, 2013. "Alchian and Allen Revisited: Law Enforcement and the Price of Weed," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 41(4), pages 363-370, December.
- Robert Lawson, 2012. "Bo Rothstein: The quality of government: corruption, social trust, and inequality in international perspective," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 150(3), pages 793-795, March.
- Robert Lawson & Jayme Lemke, 2012. "Travel visas," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 153(1), pages 17-36, October.
- Daniel M. Gropper, Robert A. Lawson, and Jere T. Thorne Jr., 2011. "Economic Freedom and Happiness," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 31(2), pages 237-255, Spring/Su.
- Joshua C Hall & Robert Lawson & Chuck Skipton, 2011. "Estimating the size of the trade sector in the Economic Freedom of the World index," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(1), pages 466-472.
- Hall Joshua C. & Lawson Robert A. & Wogsland Rachael, 2011. "The European Union and Economic Freedom," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 11(3), pages 1-16, September.
- Carden Art & Lawson Robert A., 2010. "Human Rights and Economic Liberalization," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(2), pages 1-20, August.
- Lawson, Robert A. & Clark, J.R., 2010. "Examining the Hayek-Friedman hypothesis on economic and political freedom," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 230-239, June.
- Calcagno, Peter T. & Hall, Joshua C. & Lawson, Robert A., 2010. "Objectivism versus subjectivism: A market test," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 445-448, November.
- Lawson Robert & Ross Justin, 2010. "Economic Freedom and Beauty Pageant Success in the World," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 16(1), pages 1-17, October.
- Saurav Roychoudhury & Robert A. Lawson, 2010. "Economic freedom and sovereign credit ratings and default risk," Journal of Financial Economic Policy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(2), pages 149-162, June.
- Robert A. Lawson & Curt Green, 2009. "The Trade Game," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 24(Spring 20), pages 175-180.
- Joshua Hall & Robert Lawson, 2008. "Theory and evidence on economic freedom and economic growth: A comment," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 15(18), pages 1-6.
- Joshua C. Hall & Robert A. Lawson & J. Dirk Mateer & Andrew Rice, 2008. "Teaching Private Enterprise Through Tunes: An Abecedarium of Music for Economists," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 23(Spring 20), pages 157-166.
- J. R. Clark & Robert A. Lawson, 2008. "The Impact of Economic Growth, Tax Policy and Economic Freedom on Income Inequality," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 24(Fall 2008), pages 23-31.
- Robert A. Lawson & Kathleen Sheehan & E. Frank Stephenson, 2008. "Vend It Like Beckham: David Beckham's Effect on MLS Ticket Sales," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 3(4), pages 189-195, November.
- Robert Lawson & Joshua Hall & G. Dirk Mateer, 2008. "From Abba to Zeppelin, Led: Using Music to Teach Economics," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 107-107, January.
- Julio H. Cole & Robert A. Lawson, 2007. "Handling Economic Freedom in Growth Regressions: Suggestions for Clarification," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 4(1), pages 71-78, January.
- Robert Lawson, 2007. "Why I, Too, Am Not a Conservative: The Normative Vision of Classical Liberalism," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 131(1), pages 249-251, April.
- Robert Lawson & Lauren Raymer, 2006. "Testing the Alchian-Allen Theorem: A Study of Consumer Behavior in the Gasoline Market," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(35), pages 1-6.
- Robert A. Lawson, 2006. "On Testing the Connection Between Economic Freedom and Growth," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 3(3), pages 398-406, September.
- Robert A. Lawson, 2006. "Teaching Economic Principles With Comic Strips," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 22(Fall 2006), pages 168-176.
- James D. Gwartney & Randall G. Holcombe & Robert A. Lawson, 2004. "Economic Freedom, Institutional Quality,and Cross-Country Differences in Income and Growth," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 24(3), pages 205-233, Fall.
- Robert A. Lawson & Edward Bierhanzl, 2004. "Labor Market Flexibility: An Index Approach to Cross-Country Comparisons," Journal of Labor Research, Transaction Publishers, vol. 25(1), pages 117-126, January.
- Gwartney, James & Lawson, Robert, 2003. "The concept and measurement of economic freedom," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 405-430, September.
- James Gwartney & Robert Lawson, 2003. "What have we learned from the measurement of economic freedom?," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Oct, pages 217-238.
- James D. Gwartney & Robert A. Lawson & Randall G. Holcombe, 1999. "Economic Freedom and the Environment for Economic Growth," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 155(4), pages 643-643, December.
- James Gwartney & Randal Holcombe & Robert Lawson, 1998. "The Scope of Government and the Wealth of Nations," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 18(2), pages 163-190, Fall.
- Mateer, G Dirk & Lawson, Robert A, 1995. "The Thrill of Victory, the Agony of Defeat," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 83(3-4), pages 305-312, June.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, Robert A. Lawson should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.