Examining the Hayek-Friedman hypothesis on economic and political freedom
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Farrant, Andrew & McPhail, Edward, 2009. "Hayek, Samuelson, and the logic of the mixed economy?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 5-16, January.
- Pitlik, Hans & Wirth, Steffen, 2003. "Do crises promote the extent of economic liberalization?: an empirical test," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 565-581, September.
- Dawson, John W., 2003. "Causality in the freedom-growth relationship," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 479-495, September.
- Wu, Wenbo & Davis, Otto A, 1999. "The Two Freedoms, Economic Growth and Development: An Empirical Study," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 100(1-2), pages 39-64, July.
- repec:cto:journl:v:24:y:2004:i:3:p: is not listed on IDEAS
- Manuel Vega-Gordillo & JosÃ© L. Ã lvarez-Arce, 2003. "Economic Growth and Freedom: A Causality Study," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 23(2), pages 199-215, Fall.
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9780226264141 is not listed on IDEAS
- de Haan, Jakob & Sturm, Jan-Egbert, 2003. "Does more democracy lead to greater economic freedom? New evidence for developing countries," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 547-563, September.
- Stroup, Michael D., 2008. "Separating the influence of capitalism and democracy on women's well-being," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(3-4), pages 560-572, September.
- Dawson, John W, 1998. "Institutions, Investment, and Growth: New Cross-Country and Panel Data Evidence," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 36(4), pages 603-619, October.
- repec:cto:journl:v:18:y:1998:i:2:p: is not listed on IDEAS
- W. Kenn Farr & Richard A. Lord & J. Larry Wolfenbarger, 1998. "Economic Freedom, Political Freedom, and Economic Well-Being: A Causality Analysis," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 18(2), pages 247-262, Fall.
- James D. Gwartney & Randall G. Holcombe & Robert A. Lawson, 2004. "Economic Freedom, Institutional Quality,and Cross-Country Differences in Income and Growth," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 24(3), pages 205-233, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ejw:journl:v:12:y:2015:i:3:p:375-399 is not listed on IDEAS
- Makovi, Michael, 2016. "Labor Economics in a Planned Economy: F. A. Hayek and John Jewkes on the Impossibility of Democratic Socialism," MPRA Paper 70174, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Bjørnskov & Jacob Mchangama, 2013. "Do Social Rights Affect Social Outcomes?," Economics Working Papers 2013-18, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Makovi, Michael, 2016. "The Freedom of the Prices: Hayek's Road to Serfdom Reassessed," MPRA Paper 72071, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rode, Martin & Gwartney, James D., 2012. "Does democratization facilitate economic liberalization?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 607-619.
- Andreas Freytag & Sebastian Voll, 2013. "Institutions and savings in developing and emerging economies," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 157(3), pages 475-509, December.
- Niclas Berggren & Therese Nilsson, 2013.
"Does Economic Freedom Foster Tolerance?,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(2), pages 177-207, May.
- Berggren , Niclas & Nilsson, Therese, 2012. "Does Economic Freedom Foster Tolerance?," Working Papers 2012:10, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Berggren, Niclas & Nilsson, Therese, 2012. "Does Economic Freedom Foster Tolerance?," Working Paper Series 918, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Makovi, Michael, 2016. "Interest Groups and the Impossibility of Democratic Socialism: Hayek, Jewkes, and the Arrow Theorem," MPRA Paper 70173, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nejad, Maryam Naghsh & Young, Andrew T., 2016.
"Want freedom, will travel: Emigrant self-selection according to institutional quality,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 45(S), pages 71-84.
- Naghsh Nejad, Maryam & Young, Andrew T., 2015. "Want Freedom, Will Travel: Emigrant Self-Selection According to Institutional Quality," IZA Discussion Papers 9309, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Webster, A.L., 2013. "Is There Feed-Back Between Economic Freedom and Economic Growth: A Comparative Granger-Causality Test Based On Quartiles," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 13(1), pages 11-24.
- Erik Grimmer-Solem, 2015. "The mature limited access order at the doorstep: Imperial Germany and contemporary China in transition," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 103-120, March.
- Joshua Hall & Yang Zhou, 2017. "The Sinuous Dragon: Economic Freedom and Economic Growth in China," Working Papers 17-12, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Leonid Krasnozhon, 2013. "Institutional stickiness of democracy in post-communist states: Can prevailing culture explain it?," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 221-237, June.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:83-95 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hugo J. Faria & Hugo M. Montesinos-Yufa & Daniel R. Morales, 2014. "Should the Modernization Hypothesis Survive Acemoglu, Johnson, Robinson, and Yared? Some More Evidence," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 11(1), pages 17-36, January.
- Robert Szarka, 2016. "The Effect of Economic Freedom on Civil Liberties in the Short Run: Physical Integrity Rights, 2000-2011," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 31(Fall 2016), pages 21-35.
- Joshua C. Hall, 2016. "Institutional convergence: exit or voice?," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 40(4), pages 829-840, October.
- Kapás, Judit & Czeglédi, Pál, 2011.
"Gazdasági szabadság, politikai szabadság és a társadalmi rendek
[Economic freedom, political freedom, and social orders]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(6), pages 485-510.
- M. Zakir Saadullah Khan, 2012. "Examining Friedman Hypothesis On Political,Civil And Economic Freedom For Saarc Countries: A Dynamic Panel Data Analysis," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 37(3), pages 107-127, September.
- repec:kap:atlecj:v:45:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11293-016-9522-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Makovi, Michael, 2016. "The Impossibility of Democratic Socialism: Two Conceptions of Democracy," MPRA Paper 70172, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic freedom Political freedom Hayek Milton Friedman;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:74:y:2010:i:3:p:230-239. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .