by members of
Department of Economics
These are publications listed in RePEc written by members of the above institution who are registered with the RePEc Author Service. Thus this compiles the works all those currently affiliated with this institution, not those affilated at the time of publication. List of registered members. Register yourself. Citation analysis. This page is updated in the first days of each month.
University of the West Indies
| Working papers | Journal articles | Books |
Working papersUndated material is listed at the end
- Nadine McCloud & Christopher F. Parmeter, 2017. "Calculating Degrees of Freedom in Multivariate Local Polynomial Regression," Working Papers 2017-14, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Spencer, Nekeisha & Polachek, Solomon & Strobl, Eric, 2016. "How Do Hurricanes Impact Achievement in School? A Caribbean Perspective," IZA Discussion Papers 10169, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Edward Ghartey, "undated". "Exchange Pressure, Sterilized Intervention and Monetary Policy in Ghana," EcoMod2006 272100031, EcoMod.
- Edward Ghartey, "undated". "The Mid 1990s Peso Crisis in Mexico: a Re-examination," EcoMod2006 272100032, EcoMod.
- McCloud, Nadine & Parmeter, Christopher F., 2020. "Determining the Number of Effective Parameters in Kernel Density Estimation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 143(C).
- McCloud Nadine & Delgado Michael S. & Kumbhakar Subal C., 2018. "Foreign Direct Investment and Growth Symbiosis: A Semiparametric System of Simultaneous Equations Analysis," Journal of Econometric Methods, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-31, January.
- McCloud, Nadine & Delgado, Michael S. & Holmes, Chanit'a, 2018. "Does a stronger system of law and order constrain the effects of foreign direct investment on government size?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 258-283.
- Michael S. Delgado & Nadine McCloud, 2017. "Foreign direct investment and the domestic capital stock: the good–bad role of higher institutional quality," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 53(4), pages 1587-1637, December.
- Edward E GHARTEY, 2015. "Causal Relationship Between Financial Development And Economic Growth In South Africa," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 15(1), pages 125-142.
- Spencer, Nekeisha & Polachek, Solomon, 2015.
"Hurricane watch: Battening down the effects of the storm on local crop production,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 234-240.
- Spencer, Nekeisha & Polachek, Solomon, 2015. "Hurricane Watch: Battening Down the Effects of the Storm on Local Crop Production," IZA Discussion Papers 9439, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Tennant, David & Sutherland, Richard, 2014. "What types of banks profit most from fees charged? A cross-country examination of bank-specific and country-level determinants," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 178-190.
- David F. Tennant & Marlon R. Tracey, 2014. "Financial intermediation and stock market volatility in a small bank-dominated economy," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 48(4), pages 73-95, October-D.
- Delgado, Michael S. & McCloud, Nadine & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2014. "A generalized empirical model of corruption, foreign direct investment, and growth," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 298-316.
- David Tennant & Marlon Tracey, 2013. "Explaining related party transactions in commercial banking: looted lending and information-based investments," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(19), pages 1509-1530, October.
- Andre Yone Haughton & Emma M. Iglesias, 2013. "Assessing Long‐Run Money Neutrality In Monetary Unions," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 25-50, January.
- Emma M. Iglesias & Andre Yone Haughton, 2013. "Interaction between monetary policy and stock prices: a comparison between the Caribbean and the US," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(6), pages 515-534, March.
- Edward E. Ghartey & Tom M. Amonde, 2013. "Stabilization Effects of Narrative-based Monetary Policy in Jamaica," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(3), pages 463-486, September.
- Nadine McCloud & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2012. "Institutions, foreign direct investment and growth: a hierarchical Bayesian approach," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 175(1), pages 83-105, January.
- Haughton, Andre Yone & Iglesias, Emma M., 2012. "Interest rate volatility, asymmetric interest rate pass through and the monetary transmission mechanism in the Caribbean compared to US and Asia," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2071-2089.
- Tennant, David, 2011. "Why do people risk exposure to Ponzi schemes? Econometric evidence from Jamaica," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 328-346, July.
- Tennant, David, 2011. "Factors impacting on whether and how businesses respond to early warning signs of financial and economic turmoil: Jamaican firms in the global crisis," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 472-491, September.
- David Tennant & Claremont Kirton & Abdullahi Abdulkadri, 2011. "Modelling the effects of financial sector functions on economic growth in a developing country: a cointegration and error correction approach," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 44(2), pages 183-206, January-M.
- Nadine McCloud & Yongmiao Hong, 2011. "Testing The Structure Of Conditional Correlations In Multivariate Garch Models: A Generalized Cross‐Spectrum Approach," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 52(4), pages 991-1037, November.
- David Tennant & Abdullahi Abdulkadri, 2010. "Empirical exercises in estimating the effects of different types of financial institutions' functioning on economic growth," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(30), pages 3913-3924.
- GHARTEY, Edward E., 2010. "Government Expenditures And Revenues Causation: Some Caribbean Empirical Evidence," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 10(2).
- Edward Ghartey, 2010. "Cointegration and Causal Relationship between Taxes and Spending for Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(2), pages 267-282.
- David Tennant & Abiodun Folawewo, 2009. "Macroeconomic and market determinants of interest rate spreads in low- and middle-income countries," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(6), pages 489-507.
- Edward E. Ghartey, 2009. "The Mid 1990s Peso Crisis in Mexico: An Application of the Girton-Roper Model," Frontiers in Finance and Economics, SKEMA Business School, vol. 6(1), pages 73-92, April.
- Ghartey, E.E., 2008. "Is the Caribbean Community an Optimum Currency Area?," Estudios Economicos de Desarrollo Internacional, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 8(1), pages 5-36.
- Ghartey, Edward E., 2008. "The budgetary process and economic growth: Empirical evidence of the Jamaican economy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1128-1136, November.
- David Tennant & Claremont Kirton, 2007. "The Impact of Foreign Direct Investment, Financial Crises and Organizational Culture on Managers’ Views as to the Finance-Growth Nexus," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 625-660, September.
- Edward E. Ghartey, 2004. "Random Walk as a Universal Test of Weak-Form Foreign Exchange Market Efficiency : A Proof," Frontiers in Finance and Economics, SKEMA Business School, vol. 1(1), pages 37-45, June.
- Edward E. Ghartey, 2003. "Monetary Policy And Deficits Financing In Jamaica," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 28(1), pages 81-99, June.
- Kirkpatrick, Colin & Tennant, David, 2002. "Responding to Financial Crisis: The Case of Jamaica," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 1933-1950, November.
- Ghartey, Edward E., 2001. "Macroeconomic instability and inflationary financing in Ghana," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 415-433, August.
- David M.A. Green & Karl J. Petrick, 1999. "The Eastward Expansion of the European Union and the Transformation of the Financial System," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 31(3), pages 78-90, September.
- Ghartey, Edward E., 1998. "Money demand in Jamaica: Evidence from cointegration, error correction modelling, and exogeneity," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 33-43.
- Ghartey, Edward E., 1998. "Monetary dynamics in Ghana: evidence from cointegration, error correction modelling, and exogeneity," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 473-486.
- Ghartey, Edward E. & Rao, U. L. G., 1990. "A short-run forecasting model of Ghana," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 291-308, July.
- David Green & Karl Petrick (ed.), 2002. "Banking and Financial Stability in Central Europe," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2176.