Capacity Building in Economics Education and Research
This paper is a contribution to our understanding of building local capacity in economics education and research in developing and transition countries. The contributors and discussants in this publication provide many insights on these issues. In particular, they offer a deep reflection on the need for capacity building in economics education and research in each region. For the last 15 years, The World Bank, its partners, and government have supported the "centers of excellence" for building capacity in modern economics education and research in developing and transition countries. To strengthen these efforts, the Central European University (CEU) and the World Bank jointly organized a conference entitled "Scaling Up Capacity Building in Economics Education and Research: Lessons Learned and Future Directions," which took place at the CEU campus in Budapest, Hungary, on June 14-15, 2005. The material from this conference is covered in this publication.
|This book is provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Publications with number 6681 and published in 2007.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Web page: https://openknowledge.worldbank.orgEmail:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lee, Jong-Wha & Barro, Robert J, 2001.
"Schooling Quality in a Cross-Section of Countries,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 68(272), pages 465-88, November.
- Lee, J.-W. & Barro, R.J., 1998. "Schooling Quality in a Cross Section of Countries," Papers 659, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Jong-Wha Lee & Robert J. Barro, 1997. "Schooling Quality in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 6198, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jong-Wha Lee, 2001. "Education for Technology Readiness: Prospects for Developing Countries," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 115-151.
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1986. "The Economics of Schooling: Production and Efficiency in Public Schools," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 1141-77, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:6681. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.