Does more school district administration lower educational productivity? Some evidence on the "Administrative Blob" in New York public schools
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eberts, Randall W. & Stone, Joe A., 1988. "Student achievement in public schools: Do principals make a difference?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 291-299, June.
- Ehrenberg, Ronald G. & Brewer, Dominic J., 1994. "Do school and teacher characteristics matter? Evidence from High School and Beyond," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-17, March.
- Eric A. Hanushek, 1979. "Conceptual and Empirical Issues in the Estimation of Educational Production Functions," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 14(3), pages 351-388.
- Ehrenberg, Ronald G. & Brewer, Dominic J., 1995. "Did teachers' verbal ability and race matter in the 1960s? Coleman revisited," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Randy A. Ehrenberg & Daniel I. Rees & REric L. Ehrenberg, 1991.
"School District Leave Policies, Teacher Absenteeism, and Student Achievement,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(1), pages 72-105.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Randy A. Ehrenberg & Daniel I. Rees & Eric L. Ehrenberg, 1989. "School District Leave Policies, Teacher Absenteeism, and Student Achievement," NBER Working Papers 2874, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brewer, Dominic J, 1996. "Career Paths and Quit Decisions: Evidence from Teaching," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(2), pages 313-339, April.
- Brewer, Dominic J., 1993. "Principals and student outcomes: Evidence from U.S. high schools," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 281-292, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marvin E. Dodson & Thomas A. Garrett, 2004.
"Inefficient Education Spending in Public School Districts: A Case for Consolidation?,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(2), pages 270-280, April.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Marvin E. Dodson, 2003. "Inefficient education spending in public school districts: a case for consolidation," Working Papers 2002-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Brorsen, B. Wade & Jacques, Charles, 1997. "The Effects of Historical Settlement Patterns on Oklahoma Student Achievement Test Scores," 1997 Annual Meeting, July 13-16, 1997, Reno\Sparks, Nevada 35858, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Kelly Bedard & William O. Brown, Jr., "undated". "The Allocation of Public School Expenditures," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2000-16, Claremont Colleges.
- Mensah, Yaw M. & Schoderbek, Michael P. & Sahay, Savita P., 2013. "The effect of administrative pay and local property taxes on student achievement scores: Evidence from New Jersey public schools," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 1-16.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:15:y:1996:i:2:p:111-124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .