Mapped In or Mapped Out? The Romanian Poor in Inter-household and Community Networks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Gary S, 1974. "A Theory of Social Interactions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1063-1093, Nov.-Dec..
- Cox, Donald & Jimenez, Emmanuel & Okrasa, Wlodek, 1997.
"Family Safety Nets and Economic Transition: A Study of Worker Households in Poland,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 43(2), pages 191-209, June.
- Donald Cox & Emmanuel Jimenez & Wlodek Okrasa, 1996. "Family Safety Nets and Economic Transition: A Study of Worker Households in Poland," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 328., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Zak, Paul J & Knack, Stephen, 2001. "Trust and Growth," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(470), pages 295-321, April.
- Barro, Robert J, 1974. "Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Cox, Donald & Hansen, Bruce E. & Jimenez, Emmanuel, 2004.
"How responsive are private transfers to income? Evidence from a laissez-faire economy,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 2193-2219, August.
- Donald Cox & Bruce E. Hansen & Emmanuel Jimenez, 1997. "How Responsive are Private Transfers to Income? Evidence from a Laissez-Faire Economy," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 341., Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Dec 1999.
- Cox, Daniel, 2002.
"Private inter-household transfers in Vietnam in the early and late 1990s,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2853, The World Bank.
- Donald Cox, 2002. "Private Inter-household Transfers in Vietnam in the Early and Late 1990s," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 524, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Andreoni, James, 1989. "Giving with Impure Altruism: Applications to Charity and Ricardian Equivalence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(6), pages 1447-1458, December.
- Cox, Donald & Jakubson, George, 1995. "The connection between public transfers and private interfamily transfers," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 129-167, May.
- Samuelson, Paul A, 1993. "Altruism as a Problem Involving Group versus Individual Selection in Economics and Biology," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 143-148, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mitrut, Andreea & Nordblom, Katarina, 2007. "Motives for Private Gift Transfers: Theory and Evidence from Romania," Working Papers in Economics 262, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 30 Apr 2008.
- Mitrut, Andreea & Wolff, François-Charles, 2009. "A causal test of the demonstration effect theory," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 52-54, April.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial Protections and Labor - Safety Nets and Transfers Poverty Reduction - Poverty Impact Evaluation Services and Transfers to Poor Poverty Reduction - Rural Poverty Reduction Poverty Reduction - Poverty Assessment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:14934. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.