A causal test of the demonstration effect theory
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cox, Donald, 1987. "Motives for Private Income Transfers," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 508-546, June.
- Cox, Donald & Jimenez, Emmanuel & Okrasa, Wlodek, 1997.
"Family Safety Nets and Economic Transition: A Study of Worker Households in Poland,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 43(2), pages 191-209, June.
- Donald Cox & Emmanuel Jimenez & Wlodek Okrasa, 1996. "Family Safety Nets and Economic Transition: A Study of Worker Households in Poland," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 328., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Francois-Charles Wolff, 2001. "Private intergenerational contact in France and the demonstration effect," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 143-153.
- Jellal, Mohamed & Wolff, Francois-Charles, 2002. "Cultural evolutionary altruism: theory and evidence," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 241-262, June.
- Jellal, Mohamed & Wolff, Francois-Charles, 2000.
"Shaping intergenerational relationships: the demonstration effect,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 255-261, September.
- Jellal, Mohamed & wolff, François charles, 2000. "Shaping intergenerational relationships the demonstration effect," MPRA Paper 38512, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ken Yamada, 2006.
"Intra-family transfers in Japan: intergenerational co-residence, distance, and contact,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(16), pages 1839-1861.
- Ken Yamada, 2003. "Intra-family Transfers in Japan: Intergenerational Co-residence, Distance, andContact," ISER Discussion Paper 0575, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Donald Cox & Oded Stark, 2007.
"On the Demand for Grandchildren: Tied Transfers and the Demonstration Effect,"
Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Happiness, chapter 18
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Cox, Donald & Stark, Oded, 2005. "On the demand for grandchildren: tied transfers and the demonstration effect," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(9-10), pages 1665-1697, September.
- Cox, Donald & Stark, Oded, 2004. "On the Demand for Grandchildren: Tied Transfers and the Demonstration Effect," Economics Series 158, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Cox, Donald & Stark, Oded, 2004. "On The Demand For Grandchildren: Tied Transfers And The Demonstration Effect," Discussion Papers 18751, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Wolff, Francois-Charles & Laferrere, Anne, 2006. "Microeconomic models of family transfers," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- Mitrut, Andreea & Nordblom, Katarina, 2007. "Motives for Private Gift Transfers: Theory and Evidence from Romania," Working Papers in Economics 262, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 30 Apr 2008.
- Gimenez-Nadal, J. Ignacio & Marcén, Miriam & Molina, José Alberto, 2007. "How Does the Presence of Children Affect Dependent Care? A Psycho-Economic Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 2726, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Donald Cox & Oded Stark, 1996. "Intergenerational Transfers and the Demonstration Effect," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 329., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Maria Amelina & Dan Chiribuca & Stephen Knack, 2004. "Mapped In or Mapped Out? The Romanian Poor in Inter-household and Community Networks," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14934.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thibault, Emmanuel, 2016. "Demonstration effect and dynamic efficiency," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 42-45.
- Anna Nicińska, 2013. "Are bequests preceded by a will? Evidence from Europe, US, and Australia," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 34.
More about this item
KeywordsDemonstration effect Upstream transfer Romania;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:103:y:2009:i:1:p:52-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.