The information content and redistribution effects of state and municipal rating changes in Mexico
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fausto Hernandez Trillo & Alberto Diaz Cayeros & Rafael Gamboa Gonzalez, 2002. "Determinants and Consequences of Bailing Out States in Mexico," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 28(3), pages 365-380, Summer.
- Pilar Abad-Romero & M. Dolores Robles-Fernandez, 2006.
"Risk and Return Around Bond Rating Changes: New Evidence From the Spanish Stock Market,"
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(5-6), pages 885-908.
- Pilar Abad Romero & M. Dolores Robles Fernández, 2005. "Risk and returns around bond rating changes: New evidence from the Spanish Stock Market," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 0505, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Backus, David K & Gregory, Allan W, 1993.
"Theoretical Relations between Risk Premiums and Conditional Variances,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 11(2), pages 177-185, April.
- David K. Backus & Allan W. Gregory, 1992. "Theoretical Relations Between Risk Premiums and Conditional Variances," Working Papers 92-18a, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- French, Kenneth R. & Schwert, G. William & Stambaugh, Robert F., 1987. "Expected stock returns and volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 3-29, September.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- M.J. Barron & A.D. Clare & S.H. Thomas, 1997. "The Effect of Bond Rating Changes and New Ratings on UK Stock Returns," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 497-509.
- Ingram, Robert W & Brooks, Leroy D & Copeland, Ronald M, 1983. " The Information Content of Municipal Bond Rating Changes: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(3), pages 997-1003, June.
- Reyes, Mario G., 1999. "Size, time-varying beta, and conditional heteroscedasticity in UK stock returns," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-10, June.
- Richard Followill & Terrence Martell, 1997. "Bond review and rating change announcements: An examination of informational value and market efficiency," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 21(2), pages 75-82, June.
- Elisa Choy & Stephen Gray & Vanitha Ragunathan, 2006. "Effect of credit rating changes on Australian stock returns," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 46(5), pages 755-769.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alfonso Mendoza-Velázquez & Pilar Gómez-Gil, 2011. "Neural Networks, Ordered Probit Models and Multiple Discriminants. Evaluating Risk Rating Forecasts of Local Governments in Mexico," Working Papers 1, Centro de Investigación e Inteligencia Económica (CIIE), Departamento de Ciencias Sociales - UPAEP.
More about this item
KeywordsCredit rating changes; municipal bond returns; CAPM; EGARCH-in-Mean;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- H74 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Borrowing
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifweej:200938. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .