Taking Or Avoiding Risk Through Secret Innovation Activities — The Relationships Among Employees’ Risk Propensity, Bootlegging, And Management Support
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Forlani, David & Mullins, John W., 2000. "Perceived risks and choices in entrepreneurs' new venture decisions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 305-322, July.
- Kenneth R. MacCrimmon & Donald A. Wehrung, 1990. "Characteristics of Risk Taking Executives," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(4), pages 422-435, April.
- Peter Augsdorfer, 2012. "A Diagnostic Personality Test To Identify Likely Corporate Bootleg Researchers," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 16(01), pages 1-18.
- Jane E. Dutton & Susan J. Ashford & Regina M. O’ Neill & Erika Hayes & Elizabeth E. Wierba, 1997. "Reading the wind: how middle managers assess the context for selling issues to top managers," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(5), pages 407-423, May.
- Lennart Sjöberg, 2000. "Factors in Risk Perception," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 20(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Pearce, John II & Kramer, Tracy Robertson & Robbins, D. Keith, 1997. "Effects of managers' entrepreneurial behavior on subordinates," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 147-160, March.
- Sharma, Subhash & Mukherjee, Soumen & Kumar, Ajith & Dillon, William R., 2005. "A simulation study to investigate the use of cutoff values for assessing model fit in covariance structure models," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(7), pages 935-943, July.
- Augsdorfer, Peter, 2005. "Bootlegging and path dependency," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Abetti, Pier A., 1997. "The birth and growth of toshiba's laptop and notebook computers: A case study in Japanese corporate venturing," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 507-529, November.
- Gautam Ahuja & Curba Morris Lampert, 2001. "Entrepreneurship in the large corporation: a longitudinal study of how established firms create breakthrough inventions," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(6‐7), pages 521-543, June.
- Robert A. Burgelman & Andrew S. Grove, 2007. "Let chaos reign, then rein in chaos—repeatedly: managing strategic dynamics for corporate longevity," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(10), pages 965-979, October.
- Laura B. Cardinal, 2001. "Technological Innovation in the Pharmaceutical Industry: The Use of Organizational Control in Managing Research and Development," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(1), pages 19-36, February.
- Sea-Jin Chang & Arjen van Witteloostuijn & Lorraine Eden, 2010. "From the Editors: Common method variance in international business research," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 41(2), pages 178-184, February.
- Hornsby, Jeffrey S. & Kuratko, Donald F. & Zahra, Shaker A., 2002. "Middle managers' perception of the internal environment for corporate entrepreneurship: assessing a measurement scale," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 253-273, May.
- Kenneth E. Knight, 1967. "A Descriptive Model of the Intra-Firm Innovation Process," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40, pages 478-478.
- Burgelman, Robert A. & Grove, Andrew S., 2007. "Let Chaos Reign, Then Rein In Chaos--Repeatedly: Managing Strategic Dynamics For Corporate Longevity," Research Papers 1954, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Yan Ling & Zeki Simsek & Michael Lubatkin & John F. Velga, 2008. "Transformational Leadership's Role in Promoting Corporate Entrepreneurship : Examining the CEO - TMT Interface," Post-Print hal-02276697, HAL.
- David Courpasson & Françoise Dany & Ignasi Marti, 2016. "Organizational Entrepreneurship as Active Resistance : A Struggle Against Outsourcing," Post-Print hal-02313155, HAL.
- Rob Eisinga & Manfred Grotenhuis & Ben Pelzer, 2013. "The reliability of a two-item scale: Pearson, Cronbach, or Spearman-Brown?," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 58(4), pages 637-642, August.
- James G. March & Zur Shapira, 1987. "Managerial Perspectives on Risk and Risk Taking," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(11), pages 1404-1418, November.
- Klaas Sijtsma, 2009. "On the Use, the Misuse, and the Very Limited Usefulness of Cronbach’s Alpha," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 74(1), pages 107-120, March.
- Zahra, Shaker A. & Covin, Jeffrey G., 1995. "Contextual influences on the corporate entrepreneurship-performance relationship: A longitudinal analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-58, January.
- Michael Spence, 1973. "Job Market Signaling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 355-374.
- Boyd D. Cohen & Thomas J. Dean, 2005. "Information asymmetry and investor valuation of IPOs: top management team legitimacy as a capital market signal," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(7), pages 683-690, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- García-Granero, Ana & Llopis, Óscar & Fernández-Mesa, Anabel & Alegre, Joaquín, 2015.
"Unraveling the link between managerial risk-taking and innovation: The mediating role of a risk-taking climate,"
Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(5), pages 1094-1104.
- Ana García-Granero & Óscar Llopis & Anabel Fernández-Mesa & Joaquín Alegre, 2015. "Unraveling the link between managerial risk-taking and innovation: The mediating role of a risk-taking climate," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-01137650, HAL.
- Ana García-Granero & Óscar Llopis & Anabel Fernández-Mesa & Joaquín Alegre, 2015. "Unraveling the link between managerial risk-taking and innovation: The mediating role of a risk-taking climate," Post-Print hal-01137650, HAL.
- Matthew R. Marvel & Abbie Griffin & John Hebda & Bruce Vojak, 2007. "Examining the Technical Corporate Entrepreneursâ€™ Motivation: Voices from the Field," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 31(5), pages 753-768, September.
- Masucci, Monica & Parker, Simon C. & Brusoni, Stefano & Camerani, Roberto, 2021. "How are corporate ventures evaluated and selected?," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 99(C).
- Donald F. Kuratko & R. Duane Ireland & Jeffrey G. Covin & Jeffrey S. Hornsby, 2005. "A Model of Middleâ€“Level Managersâ€™ Entrepreneurial Behavior," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 29(6), pages 699-716, November.
- Maria de Lurdes Calisto & Soumodip Sarkar, 2017. "Innovation and corporate entrepreneurship in service businesses," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 11(3), pages 581-600, September.
- Deryck J Van Rensburg, 2015. "The Promise of Corporate Entrepreneurship: A Review of Data Analytic Strategies," Business and Management Research, Business and Management Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 4(1), pages 59-73, March.
- Lucía Garcés-Galdeano & Martín Larraza-Kintana & Carmen García-Olaverri & Marianna Makri, 2016. "Entrepreneurial orientation in family firms: the moderating role of technological intensity and performance," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 27-45, March.
- Lennart Burger & Ivana Blažková, 2020. "Internal Determinants Promoting Corporate Entrepreneurship in Established Organizations: A Systematic Literature Review," Central European Business Review, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2020(2), pages 19-45.
- Calisto, Maria de Lurdes & Sarkar, Soumodip, 2017. "Organizations as biomes of entrepreneurial life: Towards a clarification of the corporate entrepreneurship process," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 44-54.
- Nikolaos Theriou & Vassilis Aggelidis, 2014. "Management Accounting Systems, Top Management Teamâ€™s Risk Characteristics and Their Effect on Strategic Change," International Journal of Economics & Business Administration (IJEBA), International Journal of Economics & Business Administration (IJEBA), vol. 0(2), pages 3-38.
- Mullins, John W. & Forlani, David, 2005. "Missing the boat or sinking the boat: a study of new venture decision making," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 47-69, January.
- Jain, Naveen Kumar & Pangarkar, Nitin & Yuan, Lin & Kumar, Vikas, 2019. "Rapid internationalization of emerging market firms—The role of geographic diversity and added cultural distance," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1-1.
- Thomas Schaefer & Thomas Guenther, 2016. "Exploring strategic planning outcomes: the influential role of top versus middle management participation," Journal of Management Control: Zeitschrift für Planung und Unternehmenssteuerung, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 205-249, May.
- Dean A. Shepherd & Holger Patzelt & J. Michael Haynie, 2010. "Entrepreneurial Spirals: Deviationâ€“Amplifying Loops of an Entrepreneurial Mindset and Organizational Culture," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 34(1), pages 59-82, January.
- Nabiha Nefzi, 2018. "Fear Of Failure And Entrepreneurial Risk Perception," International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge, Center for International Scientific Research of VSO and VSPP, vol. 6(2), pages 45-58, December.
- Vishal K. Gupta & Suman Niranjan & Banu A. Goktan & John Eriskon, 2016. "Individual entrepreneurial orientation role in shaping reactions to new technologies," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 935-961, December.
- Michael Sheppard, 2020. "The relationship between discretionary slack and growth in small firms," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 195-219, March.
- Jan Ossenbrink & Joern Hoppmann & Volker H. Hoffmann, 2019. "Hybrid Ambidexterity: How the Environment Shapes Incumbents’ Use of Structural and Contextual Approaches," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(6), pages 1319-1348, November.
- Rory McDonald & Cheng Gao, 2019. "Pivoting Isn’t Enough? Managing Strategic Reorientation in New Ventures," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(6), pages 1289-1318, November.
- Jing Zhang & Huizhi Yu, 2017. "Venture Capitalistsâ€™ Experience and Foreign IPOs: Evidence from China," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 41(5), pages 677-707, September.
More about this item
KeywordsBootlegging; risk propensity; management support; innovation management;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:ijimxx:v:23:y:2019:i:03:n:s1363919619500221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim). General contact details of provider: http://www.worldscinet.com/ijim/ijim.shtml .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.