Unveiling The Direct Effect Of Corporate Entrepreneurship’S Dimensions On The Business Performance: A Case Of Big Five Banks In Pakistan
The ground aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between individual factors of corporate entrepreneurship and business performance. This investigation was expected to bring in un-revealed results as the past literature does not provide any sufficient evidence for the proposed model. The study used survey method to collect data from the big five banks in Pakistan. For this reason a total of 256 responses were collected from the bank branch managers on the topic, using stratified random sampling technique. Through using PLS structural Equation Modeling, the study employed the use of SmartPLS 3.0 for executing tests pertaining to reliability and validity, this was ensured by evaluating measurement model. Next, the study assessed structure model, under which the research has revealed that out of the 5 mentioned dimensions of corporate entrepreneurship only three have resulted in a significant relationship with business performance; this was followed by assessment of r-squared values and predictive relevance of the model keeping in view the recommendations from the popular literature. Implications for further research and management professionals are mentioned in detail.
Volume (Year): 11 (2016)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences Dumbravii Avenue, No 17, postal code 550324, Sibiu, Romania|
Phone: 004 0269 210375
Fax: 004 0269 210375
Web page: http://economice.ulbsibiu.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rosli Mahmood & Rosni Abdul Wahid, 2012. "Applying Corporate Entrepreneurship To Bank Performance In Malaysia," Journal of Global Entrepreneurship, Global Research Agency, vol. 3(1), pages 68-82, July.
- Zahra, Shaker A., 1993. "Environment, corporate entrepreneurship, and financial performance: A taxonomic approach," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 319-340, July.
- Antoncic, Bostjan & Hisrich, Robert D., 2001. "Intrapreneurship: Construct refinement and cross-cultural validation," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 495-527, September.
- Thomas Barnebeck Andersen & Finn Tarp, 2003. "Financial liberalization, financial development and economic growth in LDCs," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 189-209.
- Morris, Michael H. & Sexton, Donald L., 1996. "The concept of entrepreneurial intensity: Implications for company performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 5-13, May.
- Hult, G. Tomas M. & Ferrell, O. C., 1997. "A global learning organization structure and market information processing," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 155-166, October.
- Manuel A. Ramos Maçães & Minoo Farhangmehr & José Carlos Pinho, 2007. "Market Orientation And The Synergistic Effect Of Mediating And Moderating Factors On Performance: The Case Of The Fashion Cluster," Portuguese Journal of Management Studies, ISEG, Universidade de Lisboa, vol. 0(1), pages 27-43.
- Shaker A. Zahra, 2010. "Harvesting Family Firms' Organizational Social Capital: A Relational Perspective," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 345-366, 03.
- Fase, M. M. G. & Abma, R. C. N., 2003. "Financial environment and economic growth in selected Asian countries," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 11-21, February.
- Zahra, Shaker A. & Covin, Jeffrey G., 1995. "Contextual influences on the corporate entrepreneurship-performance relationship: A longitudinal analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-58, January.
- Shaker Zahra, 2012. "Organizational learning and entrepreneurship in family firms: exploring the moderating effect of ownership and cohesion," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 51-65, January.
- Leonidas A. Zampetakis, 2010. "An exploratory research on the factors stimulating corporate entrepreneurship in the Greek public sector," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(8), pages 871-887, November.
- Wiklund, Johan & Shepherd, Dean, 2005. "Entrepreneurial orientation and small business performance: a configurational approach," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 71-91, January.
- Zahra, Shaker A. & Garvis, Dennis M., 2000. "International corporate entrepreneurship and firm performance: The moderating effect of international environmental hostility," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(5-6), pages 469-492.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:blg:journl:v:11:y:2016:i:1:p:181-195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mihaela Herciu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.