Applying Corporate Entrepreneurship To Bank Performance In Malaysia
The purpose of this paper is to investigate the state of corporate entrepreneurship among the banks in Malaysia, and to examine its consequent effect on bank business performance. The study employed the quantitative approach through a survey instrument design. The population was the branch managers of domestic banks in Malaysia, and they were chosen because these banks have extensive branch networks, even in rural areas. Data were collected using questionnaires, and the constructs used were developed from prior research and previously tested for reliability. A total of 1844 questionnaires were mailed to the respondents, and 260 usable responses were received, giving a response rate of 14.09 percent. Descriptive statistics were used to analyze the characteristics of the respondents including frequency, mean, and measures of reliability, while multivariate technique employed was multiple regressions. The findings reveal that significant relationship exists between corporate entrepreneurship and performance. These findings may be of help to bank managers to be more entrepreneurial oriented in order for them to survive the intensely competitive business environment
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hult, G. Tomas M. & Ferrell, O. C., 1997. "A global learning organization structure and market information processing," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 155-166, October.
- Morris, Michael H. & Sexton, Donald L., 1996. "The concept of entrepreneurial intensity: Implications for company performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 5-13, May.
- Zahra, Shaker A. & Covin, Jeffrey G., 1995. "Contextual influences on the corporate entrepreneurship-performance relationship: A longitudinal analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-58, January.
- Zahra, Shaker A., 1993. "Environment, corporate entrepreneurship, and financial performance: A taxonomic approach," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 319-340, July.
- Leonidas A. Zampetakis & Vassilis S. Moustakis, 2010. "An exploratory research on the factors stimulating corporate entrepreneurship in the Greek public sector," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(8), pages 871-887, November.
- Danny Miller, 1983. "The Correlates of Entrepreneurship in Three Types of Firms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(7), pages 770-791, July.
- Covin, Jeffrey G. & Slevin, Dennis P. & Heeley, Michael B., 2001. "Strategic decision making in an intuitive vs. technocratic mode: structural and environmental considerations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 51-67, April.
- Wiklund, Johan & Shepherd, Dean, 2005. "Entrepreneurial orientation and small business performance: a configurational approach," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 71-91, January.
- Mohammad Salaran & Alex Maritz, 2009. "Entrepreneurial environment and research performance in knowledge-based institutions," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 261-280, December.
- Morris, Michael H. & Paul, Gordon W., 1987. "The relationship between entrepreneurship and marketing in established firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 247-259.
- Antoncic, Bostjan & Hisrich, Robert D., 2001. "Intrapreneurship: Construct refinement and cross-cultural validation," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 495-527, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grg:02entp:v:3:y:2012:i:1:p:68-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (editor)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.