On the Use, the Misuse, and the Very Limited Usefulness of Cronbach’s Alpha
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 74 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=112911|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jos Berge & Gregor Sočan, 2004. "The greatest lower bound to the reliability of a test and the hypothesis of unidimensionality," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 69(4), pages 613-625, December.
- Cyril Hoyt, 1941. "Test reliability estimated by analysis of variance," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 153-160, June.
- Kentaro Hayashi & Akihito Kamata, 2005. "A note on the estimator of the alpha coefficient for standardized variables under normality," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 70(3), pages 579-586, September.
- P. Bentler & J. Woodward, 1980. "Inequalities among lower bounds to reliability: With applications to test construction and factor analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 249-267, June.
- Yoshio Takane & Jan Leeuw, 1987. "On the relationship between item response theory and factor analysis of discretized variables," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 52(3), pages 393-408, September.
- Denny Borsboom, 2006. "The attack of the psychometricians," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 71(3), pages 425-440, September.
- Brian Woodhouse & Paul Jackson, 1977. "Lower bounds for the reliability of the total score on a test composed of non-homogeneous items: II: A search procedure to locate the greatest lower bound," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 579-591, December.
- Lee Cronbach, 1988. "Internal consistency of tests: Analyses old and new," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 53(1), pages 63-70, March.
- Melvin Novick & Charles Lewis, 1967. "Coefficient alpha and the reliability of composite measurements," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Jos Berge & Tom Snijders & Frits Zegers, 1981. "Computational aspects of the greatest lower bound to the reliability and constrained minimum trace factor analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 201-213, June.
- Frederic Lord, 1960. "An empirical study of the normality and independence of errors of measurement in test scores," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 91-104, March.
- Alexander Shapiro & Jos Berge, 2000. "The asymptotic bias of minimum trace factor analysis, with applications to the greatest lower bound to reliability," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 65(3), pages 413-425, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:psycho:v:74:y:2009:i:1:p:107-120. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.