The failure of market failure
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Feeny & Susan Hanna & Arthur F. McEvoy, 1996. "Questioning the Assumptions of the "Tragedy of the Commons" Model of Fisheries," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 72(2), pages 187-205.
- Farrell, Joseph, 1987.
"Information and the Coase Theorem,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(2), pages 113-129, Fall.
- Joseph Farrell., 1987. "Information and the Coase Theorem," Economics Working Papers 8747, University of California at Berkeley.
- Farrell, Joseph, 1987. "Information and the Coase Theorem," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt1sc2r800, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Baumol, William J, 1979.
"Quasi Optimality: The Price We Must Pay for a Price System,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(3), pages 578-599, June.
- Baumol, William J., 1977. "Quasi-Optimality: The Price We Must Pay for a Price System," Working Papers 77-20, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Anderson, C. Leigh & Swimmer, Eugene, 1997. "Some empirical evidence on property rights of first peoples," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 1-22, May.
- Richard R. Nelson, 1987. "Roles of government in a mixed economy," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 541-566.
- Leffler, Keith B, 1978. "Physician Licensure: Competition and Monopoly in American Medicine," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 165-186, April.
- Allen, Douglas & Lueck, Dean, 1992. "Contract Choice in Modern Agriculture: Cash Rent versus Cropshare," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(2), pages 397-426, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boudes, Philippe & Darrot, Catherine, 2016. "Biens publics : construction économique et registres sociaux," Revue de la Régulation - Capitalisme, institutions, pouvoirs, Association Recherche et Régulation, vol. 19.
- Peter Schmidt, 2015. "Market vs. system failure as a rationale for EU regional policy? A critique from an evolutionary economic perspective," ERSA conference papers ersa15p842, European Regional Science Association.
- Anders Gustafsson & Andreas Stephan & Alice Hallman & Nils Karlsson, 2016.
"The “sugar rush” from innovation subsidies: a robust political economy perspective,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 43(4), pages 729-756, November.
- Gustafsson, Anders & Stephan, Andreas & karlson, Nils & Hallman, Alice, 2016. "The "Sugar Rush" from Innovation Subsidies. A Robust Political Economy Perspective," Ratio Working Papers 270, The Ratio Institute.
- Richard O. Zerbe, 2013. "Ethical benefit–cost analysis as art and science: ten rules for benefit–cost analysis," Chapters,in: Principles and Standards for Benefit–Cost Analysis, chapter 8, pages 264-293 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kleiss, Torsten, 2008. "Institutional arrangements for municipal solid waste combustion projects," Schriftenreihe der Professur Betriebswirtschaftslehre im Bauwesen / Series of the Chair Construction Economics, Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Chair of Construction Economics, volume 6, number 6, April.
- Radu Musetescu, 2013. "State Aid in the European Union in the Context of the Contemporary Economic Crisis," Knowledge Horizons - Economics, Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest, vol. 5(1), pages 30-37, March.
- Just Richard E. & Schmitz Andrew & Zerbe Richard O., 2012.
"Scitovsky Reversals and Practical Benefit-Cost Analysis,"
Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis,
De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-12, May.
- Just, Richard E. & Schmitz, Andrew & Zerbe, Richard O., 2012. "Scitovsky Reversals and Practical Benefit-Cost Analysis," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 1-12, May.
- Sharon Alvarez & Jay Barney & Arielle Newman, 2015. "The poverty problem and the industrialization solution," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 23-37, March.
- Amir HEFETZ & Mildred E. WARNER, 2010. "Dynamics of service provision: service, market and place characteristics," Departmental Working Papers 2010-33, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Sinclair Davidson & Jason Potts, 2016. "The Social Costs of Innovation Policy," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3), pages 282-293, October.
- Beare, Stephen & Newby, Jonathan C., 2005. "Incomplete Markets, Excluded Goods and Natural Resource Management," 2005 Conference (49th), February 9-11, 2005, Coff's Harbour, Australia 137785, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Finbarr Livesey, 2012. "Rationales for Industrial Policy Based on Industry Maturity," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 349-363, September.
- Raul V. Fabella & Vigile Marie Fabella, 2015. "Re-Thinking Market Failure in the Light of the Imperfect State," UP School of Economics Discussion Papers 201506, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
- Oates, Wallace E. & Portney, Paul R., 2003. "The political economy of environmental policy," Handbook of Environmental Economics,in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 325-354 Elsevier.
- Steele, Scott R., 2009. "Expanding the solution set: Organizational economics and agri-environmental policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 398-405, December.
- Udechukwu Ojiako & Tinashe Manungo & Max Chipulu & Johnnie Johnson, 2013. "The Impact of Regulation on Risk Perception: Evidence from the Zimbabwean Banking Industry," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 25(3), pages 276-288, September.
- J.A. den Hertog, 2010. "Review of economic theories of regulation," Working Papers 10-18, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Mark D. White, 2007. "A Kantian Critique of Antitrust: on Morality and Microsoft," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 22(Spring 20), pages 161-190.
- Peter Schmidt, 2015. "Market failure vs. system failure as a rationale for economic policy? A critique from an evolutionary perspective," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2015-04, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Schade, Jutta & Wallström, Peter & Olofsson, Thomas & Lagerqvist, Ove, 2013. "A comparative study of the design and construction process of energy efficient buildings in Germany and Sweden," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 28-37.
- Xun Wu & M. Ramesh, 2014. "Market imperfections, government imperfections, and policy mixes: policy innovations in Singapore," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 47(3), pages 305-320, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jpamgt:v:18:y:1999:i:4:p:558-578. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/34787/home .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.