What do cattle and bees tell us about the Coase theorem?
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 31 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/journal/10657|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peters, H Elizabeth, 1986. "Marriage and Divorce: Informational Constraints and Private Contracting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(3), pages 437-454, June.
- Dahlman, Carl J, 1979. "The Problem of Externality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(1), pages 141-162, April.
- Muth, Mary K & et al, 2003. "The Fable of the Bees Revisited: Causes and Consequences of the U.S. Honey Program," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(2), pages 479-516, October.
- Warren J. Samuels & Steven G. Medema & A. A. Schmid, 1997. "The Economy as a Process of Valuation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1088.
- Gould, J R, 1973. "Meade on External Economies: Should the Beneficiaries Be Taxed?," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 53-66, April.
- Ronald H. Coase, 2000.
"The new institutional economics,"
Chapters,in: Institutions, Contracts and Organizations, chapter 1
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Coase, Ronald, 1998. "The New Institutional Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 72-74, May.
- Coase, R H, 1996. "Law and Economics and A. W. Brian Simpson," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(1), pages 103-119, January.
- Cheung, Steven N S, 1970. "The Structure of a Contract and the Theory of a Non-exclusive Resource," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(1), pages 49-70, April.
- Steven Medema, 2011. "A case of mistaken identity: George Stigler, “The Problem of Social Cost,” and the Coase theorem," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 11-38, February.
- Ronald Coase, 2006. "The Conduct of Economics: The Example of Fisher Body and General Motors," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 255-278, 06.
- Medema, Steven G., 1997. "Comment: The coase theorem, rent seeking, and the forgotten footnote," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 177-178, June.
- Coase, R H, 1974. "The Lighthouse in Economics," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(2), pages 357-376, October.
- Kantor, Shawn E. & Kousser, Morgan J., 1989. "Common Sense or Commonwealth? The Fence Law and Institutional Change in the Postbellum South," Working Papers 703, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Elodie Bertrand, 2006. "The Coasean analysis of lighthouse financing: myths and realities," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(3), pages 389-402, May.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1983. "Credible Commitments: Using Hostages to Support Exchange," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 519-540, September.
- Nick Hanley & Charles Sumner, 1994. "Bargaining Over Common Property Resources: Applying the Coase Theorem to Red Deer in the Scottish Highlands," Working Papers Series 94/2, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Elodie Bertrand, 2009. "Empirical investigations and their normative interpretations: A reply to Barnett and Block," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 140(1), pages 15-20, July.
- Bernstein, Lisa, 1992. "Opting Out of the Legal System: Extralegal Contractual Relations in the Diamond Industry," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 115-157, January.
- Alan L. Olmstead & Donald B. Wooten, 1987. "Bee Pollination and Productivity Growth: The Case of Alfalfa," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 69(1), pages 56-63. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ejlwec:v:31:y:2011:i:1:p:39-62. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.