Coase and Bertrand on lighthouses
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward P. Stringham & Nicholas A. Snow, 2008.
"The broken trailer fallacy: Seeing the unseen effects of government policies in post-Katrina New Orleans,"
International Journal of Social Economics,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(7), pages 480-489, June.
- Stringham, Edward & Snow, Nicholas, 2008. "The broken trailer fallacy: seeing the unseen effects of government policies in post-Katrina New Orleans," MPRA Paper 26099, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cordato, Roy E., 1992. "Knowledge Problems and the Problem of Social Cost," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(02), pages 209-224, September.
- Vedran Vuk, 2008. "Taking advantage of disaster: misrepresentation of housing shortage for political gain," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(8), pages 603-614, July.
- Coase, R H, 1974. "The Lighthouse in Economics," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(2), pages 357-376, October.
- Elodie Bertrand, 2006. "The Coasean analysis of lighthouse financing: myths and realities," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(3), pages 389-402, May.
- Krecke Elisabeth, 1996. "Law and the Market Order. An Austrian Critique of the Economic Analysis of Law," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-21, March.
- W A V Clark & F Schultz & P J Taylor, 1997. "Commentaries," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 29(5), pages 762-770, May.
- Peter T. Leeson, 2007. "An-arrgh-chy: The Law and Economics of Pirate Organization," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 115(6), pages 1049-1094, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark Koyama, 2014. "The law & economics of private prosecutions in industrial revolution England," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 159(1), pages 277-298, April.
- Laurent Carnis, 2013. "The provision of lighthouses services: a political economy perspective," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 157(1), pages 51-56, October.
- Daniel D’Amico, 2010. "The prison in economics: private and public incarceration in Ancient Greece," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 145(3), pages 461-482, December.
- Walter E. Block, 2014. "Justifying a Stateless Legal Order: A Critique of Rand and Epstein," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 29(Spring 20), pages 21-49.
- Walter Block & Ivan Jankovic, 2016. "Tragedy of the Partnership: A Critique of Elinor Ostrom," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 75(2), pages 289-318, March.
- Martín Krause, 2015. "Buoys and Beacons in Economics," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 30(Spring 20), pages 45-59.
- Jordan Reel & Walter E. Block, 2013. "Educational Vouchers: Freedom to Choose?," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 7(4), December.
More about this item
KeywordsLighthouse; Market failure; Public goods; Coase; Bertrand; H41;
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:140:y:2009:i:1:p:1-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .