A case of mistaken identity: George Stigler, “The Problem of Social Cost,” and the Coase theorem
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 31 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/journal/10657|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stigler, George J, 1984. " Economics-The Imperial Science?," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 301-313.
- Nahid Aslanbeigui & Steven G. Medema, 1998. "Beyond the Dark Clouds: Pigou and Coase on Social Cost," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 30(4), pages 601-625, Winter.
- Dahlman, Carl J, 1979. "The Problem of Externality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(1), pages 141-162, April.
- Reder, Melvin W, 1982. "Chicago Economics: Permanence and Change," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 1-38, March.
- Stigler, George J, 1992. "Law or Economics?," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(2), pages 455-468, October.
- Steven G. Medema, 2000. "“Related Disciplines”: The Professionalization of Public Choice Analysis," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 32(5), pages 289-324, Supplemen.
- Coase, R H, 1993. "Law and Economics at Chicago," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(1), pages 239-254, April.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1969. "Information and Efficiency: Another Viewpoint," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(1), pages 1-22, April.
- Richard A. Posner, 1993. "Ronald Coase and Methodology," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 195-210, Fall.
- Stigler, George J., 1982. "The Process and Progress of Economics," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1982-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- F. H. Knight, 1924. "Some Fallacies in the Interpretation of Social Cost," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(4), pages 582-606.
- Richard A Posner & Francesco Parisi (ed.), 2013. "The Coase Theorem," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, volume 0, number 14618.
- Stigler, George J., 2003. "Memoirs of an Unregulated Economist," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 1, number 9780226774404, July.
- George J. Stigler, 1961. "The Economics of Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 213-213.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ejlwec:v:31:y:2011:i:1:p:11-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.